Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Taking a bath at 35 weeks pregnant?

Im 3 cms dialated and I wanna take a warm bath because of the back contractions im having is it bad for me to take a bath?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You should be ok to take a bath.

According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, pregnant women should never let their core body temperature rise higher than 102°. This recommendation rules out the use of hot tubs, Jacuzzis and saunas during pregnancy, but allows for warm baths as long as the water is not scalding. One reason that a soak in the tub is considered safe is because the top half of your body is not usually immersed in the water, making it much more unlikely that you will overheat. Another reason that baths are given the green light is that the water begins a gradual cool-down almost as soon as the tub is filled. So forget the hot tubs, but enjoy a relaxing evening in your tub as often as you like.

While most women in normal pregnancies can enjoy a warm bath as often as they`d like, there are some instances where bathing is not recommended. If you have a urinary tract infection, it is best to opt for showers instead of baths until the infection is cleared up. Once your water has broken, it is never a good idea to get into a bathtub until after delivery. You must also use care not to let your body overheat in the tub by avoiding very long, very hot baths, and taking yourself out of the water if you begin to feel extremely warm. If you are still concerned about the safety of baths during pregnancy, you can talk to your doctor about your concerns.

Pregnancy takes its toll on your body during those nine months, so give your body and mind the break they need by indulging in a luxurious bath. Once that baby comes, your time for leisurely soaks will be minimal at best. Relax while you still can!

Best bet is to check with your doctor first.

http://www.carefair.com/Beauty/Moms-and-Babies/Bat...

Source(s): Mommy of a 10 month old boy
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You'll feel so much better in the bath! I'm 37 weeks today and have been cramping (baby's fine) and the bath totally helps. Grab a good book and soak away! Lavender aroma therapy may help too.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Yes. You can take a bath up until your water breaks unless your doctor says otherwise.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no not bad at all. just watch the temperature. Make sure it isn't a hot bath, just warm.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

As long as you know you can get back out of the tub, go for it. Just make sure the water isn't too hot.

• 1 decade ago

Not at all hun! And it will help the back aches too.

• 1 decade ago

no i wouldnt say so.

people have water birth so cant see the problem

take care

good luck

• 1 decade ago

No, its good for you. I am going to have a waterbirth. Perfectly safe.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not at all. if it makes you feel better then do it.

• 1 decade ago

sweety u need to go to the hospital unless u want to have the baby in the tub

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.