Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is the NFL endorsing Obama?

I just finished watch "NFL ACCESS" and Im still in shock. A political puff piece for Obama like you couldnt believe. Former NFL player "Rosie Grier" was highlighted for his support of Obama. Rosie got plenty of air-time to use in making a comparison between Bobby Kennedy and Obama.

The only way I can make sense of this shocking out-of-the-blue endorsement of Obama is that Rosie was supposedly a former republican. Maybe thats how they rationalized "balance" in the puff piece. Of course, a "winning a convert" story only scores even more points for the Democrats and does the opposite of add balance. It all sounded supscious anyway because Rosie was supposedly a part of Bobby Kennedy's campaign, loved Bobby, and of course Bobby was a Democrat.

Now...I turn on the NFL channel to get away from politics. I turn on the NFL channel to watch pieces on the NFL. In fact, one of the things I love about the NFL is how it gets people to drop a political outlook and share a common bond of "team".

I think most people would agree that we get much to much political coverage and propaganda as it is from non-specialized news outlets (FOX, CNN, etc). I cant think of anything that could hurt the NFL more quickly than alientating half its customer base by chosing sides and adopting a party.

If this ticks you off as well, send a message to the NFL and let them know, like I did.

http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

EDIT - Why would it matter? The issue is whether the NFL has pulled ugly bait and switch. Whether they have broken an unspoken trust / contract. But to answer your question ..."yes", any talk about politics at all on the NFL would definetly bother me. I go to the NFL to get away from the crap.

Best Answer

You wouldnt think so, because Obama would tax them out of business.

• Cate

Can I ask you an honest question? Would you have been this upset if they appeared to be endorsing McCain? I'm not trying to flame, I'm genuinely curious.

EDIT - fair enough then and I would tend to agree that given the saturation in the general media, it would be nice to have a channel to watch to get away from it all. Thanks for answering me without abusing me! (you know how this place can be)

• Johnny

Entertainer's should stay out of politics.

NFL player's will be some of the biggest loser's if BHO is elected because of his tax increases

I know that the NFL has lost there minds if they think there

endorsement will help Obama..just the opposite..most jocks are dumb

NOPE! If anyone said anything that was their PERSONAL opinion and it has as much importance as any other Hollyweird twit that comments.

Celebrities know nothing and their OPINIONS don't matter.

Source(s): McCain/Palin

Do you watch the channel 24/7? How can you be sure there haven't been pieces for the Republican side?

And even then it was only outlining ONE player's opinion.

• He might make a great Quarterback, but a lousy President.

McCain 08

I'm glad they are taking a stand for what is good and right.