Hey R&P, Tell me if I'm right or wrong here?

I'm a purist when it comes to music. I believe that the lead singer is the voice and the soul of any rock band. When a band replaces their lead singer I lose all interest in that band (with a couple of exceptions) Heres my philosophy on some of the bands who have replaced their singers. Boston- NO ONE can... show more I'm a purist when it comes to music. I believe that the lead singer is the voice and the soul of any rock band. When a band replaces their lead singer I lose all interest in that band (with a couple of exceptions)

Heres my philosophy on some of the bands who have replaced their singers.

Boston- NO ONE can sing "More Than A Feeling", "A Man I Will Never Be"," Amanda" or any classic Boston song with the heart,soul and vocal range that Brad Delp had. Anyone else trying to fill in is nothing more than Tom Scholtz backed karaoke.

Styx- Yes, Dennis DeYoung might be a front runner for the "Douche of the year " award but he is a great song writer and singer. Sure the other guy can spin his keyboard around in a 360 spin but its not the same.

Queen- Freddie Mercury ...nuff said

Journey- Sure the guy who replaced Steve Perry looks and sounds like him, but its not him.

I will admit a few bands have replaced lead singers and were able to pull it off,Genesis, AC/DC,Van Halen (open to debate) but thats a small percentage.

What are your thoughts of bands that replace lead singers and name some bands that were either successfull or failed when they replaced their singers?