Lv 4

Internet light keeps flashing on modem?

Ok so i have at&t yahoo dsl internet. Sometimes when im on the web my internet light on the modem starts flashing and the internet disconnects.What could be the cause?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It sounds like you may have a bad signal. You might also check to make sure every phone in your house is using a DSL filter. If you notice the Internet light flashing when people are using the phone, it may be interference from your telephones.

Though, it could be a bad wire somewhere between your DSL modem and the telephone company's CO (central office).

If you have filters on all your telephones, consult AT&T's technical support and inform them that your modem occasionally looses it connection.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Modem Light Blinking

• 1 decade ago

A poor DSL signal is the only reason..so packets are getting dropped and frequent disconnection and then modem reconnects so flashing shows all that.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Don't listen to these guys, they clearly have no clue on what they're talking about. I am a developer at Microsoft so I know a thing or two about computers. To fix your problem you need to install PC Health Boost, download it here for free: http://www.pcboostcleaner.com/

It's very light and it's the only antivirus/cleaner with a 99.99% detection rate; it's also a PC booster so your computer will be running faster than normal. Install it, hit run and problem solved. It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Frontier told me it was not my modem. It was outside problem.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A bad modem or a bad connection to AT&T.

• 4 years ago

enter the two certainly one of those into your browser 10.0.0.a million or 192.168.a million.a million and additionally you is often waiting to get admission to your modem, i dont think of i grants out default call/bypass yet look it up ;)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.