Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What could be a good thesis about "Genocide"? ?

I am writing a paper, and my topic is Genocide...would someone pleas help me with a good thesis? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Most people will mention the "Jewish Holocaust" of WW-2 or the Armenian Genocide committed by Turkey at the start of the 20th Century, or the Genocide committed by the Khmer Rouge during their rule of Cambodia (17 April 1975 to 4 January 1979).

I would suggest the genocide committed by the US-backed Lon Nol regime of the Khmer Republic (March 1970- April 1975) against the Vietnamese, especially the incident of May 1970 where tens-of thousands of civilian Vietnamese were executed by the Lon Nol government soldiers and were seen floating down the Mekong River.

Because of that incident, the "Armed Forces of South Vietnam" (ARVN) (the US backed South Vietnamese) went on a killing spree in Cambodia following their invasion in May 1970.

One can obtain newspaper articles and photographs, plus television footage of these from newspapers in 1970.

On any research you do on "genocide", I suggest you look at the Yale University's "Genocide Project" on the web, as these will give you links to a number of different genocides including East Timor (by the Indonesians).

Source(s): A former TV news cameraman and journalist with over 30 years in the industry in Australia and Southeast Asia including as a war correspondent during the Second Indochina (Vietnam) War. Currently a SE Asian historian.
  • ?

Investigate the sermons and writings of Rev. Jeremiah Wright. He proposes that the U.S. Government developed the aids virus in order to commit genocide against black people. Also, the founders of Black Liberation Theology for more in-depth look at the genocide theory.