If I was born on Alaskan soil?

If I was born on Alaskan soil, does this make me a Native Alaskan?

Can I register as a voter under ethinicity as a Native Alaskan/American Indian as these are combined on voters registration forms in Florida? If so, are there special grants or scholarships available?

• Ben T
    Favorite Answer

It's not asking if you are a native Alaskan. It's asking if your ethnicity is from native Alaskan stock. Your ethnicity has nothing to do with where you were actually born.

• TLS

In order to be considered an Alaska Native, you would have to be a registered shareholder in a registered Native Corporation. You would be able to get a BIA card that indicated your affiliation.

Being born in Alaska makes you an American jus soli (by virtue of being born on American soil).

Many states allow you to claim whatever ethnicity you'd like to claim, but there is virtually no chance whatsoever you'll be getting any special grants or scholarships for making a claim for which you have no proof.

Source(s): Mother of a son born in Alaska.

Technically you would be a native Alaskan. You wouldn't be Native Alaskan/ Native Indian unless you were born of that Native Indian tribe called Inuit or Eskimo I believe.

yes if you are native alaskan by blood not by birth