Please help me I am having trouble with these questions?
In 1899, the Supreme Court provided additional support for segregation in which of the following cases?
Cumming v. Richmond County Board of Education
Mapp v. Ohio
Brown v. The Board of Education
Roe v. Wade
Southern states systematically worked to strengthen laws to separate the races in public spaces and to
prevent black men from joining the military.
prevent black men from exercising the right to vote
prevent black women from getting the right to vote.
prevent black women from learning to drive.
What was the court case that essentially ruled that, “separate but equal” did not constitute discrimination?
Brown vs. Board of Education
Plessy vs. Ferguson
Civil Rights Act of 1875
Civil Rights Case of 1883
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Brown vs. the board of education
In response to the commenter above me. Plessy vs. Ferguson was the act that put seperate but equal into effect. Brown vs. Board of ed was what oveturned that ruilingSource(s): its on google
- 1 decade ago
1. Cumming vs the Richmond County Board of Education
2. preventing black men from exercising the right to vote
3. Plessy vs Ferguson
- Reggie StarLv 51 decade ago
1. Cummings-- the others were all 20th century cases
2. prevent black men from voting
3. Separate but Equal Did NOT discriminate = Plessy v. Ferguson. Brown went the other way 60 years laterSource(s): History Major