If Obama won then admitted....?

If Obama won then admitted he was a Muslim, would you still support him?

So openly lying about it doesnt affect your support?

• divina
    Favorite Answer

I would not support him in either case. I think he is a liar and a fraud.

No (for the lying angle), but I don't think he'd be a true Muslim for very long as he has been photographed eating pork and drinking, as well as routinely ignoring mandated prayer times to give speeches, attend debates, and hang out singing hymns in Christian churches. He'd be the equivalent of excommunicated.

What is the point of this question? Just to say "if he bald-face lies will we trust him?" If so, can you please pick something he might actually lie about instead of this thread-bare, worn, long-disproven Muslim bit? It's played and stupid to keep bringing up at this point.

• Ben

I don't support him now, but I could personally care less about a politician's religious views as long as they do their job right. I would find it more insulting that his religion is even an issue than that he didn't state what he was before taking office. Barack Obama is a poor presidential candidate for a lot of reasons; I don't think being a liar is one of them.

yep

Response to the hypothetical lying:

It would be disappointing to know that he lied about it, but it would be hard to blame him knowing that had he said he was Muslim before the election, he could never have been elected because so many people vote based on their hatred of things that they don't understand (And oh so many things fall into this catagory for republicans). Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• bob

I don't know. If McCain won and then admitted he was a Nazi Fascist, would you still support him? See what I'm doing here. Insinuating something that isn't true to slander a candidate. Do you think that is reasonable?

• CBH

Why is this so important to you? This is like the second or third question I have seen you ask about Obama being a muslim.

It is his business not yours, I would lie too

• divya

I wouldn't care what religion he is so that he doesn't force onto to us. Talk about lying....look what Bush did to us about Iraq. I can't believe they lied to us like that.

Yes religion don't matter to me. If you don't vote some one because of there religious views you shouldn't vote at all because chances are none of them share your religious views.

Yes. Unlike repubs, I don't judge people based on their religion.

he;s not a muslim , he's not going to blow up america and give all our money to muslims! i'm so sick of hearing all that crap! what he meant by stand with the muslims is that he will stand up for muslims in america when people discriminate against them. wow people are so dumb these days!

Yes I would. Separation of Church and State