Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Can someone help with depression?

Im only 14 and a freshman but i feel extremely depressed. My self-esteem is horrible. I need to get over something but i don't know how.

Can someone help me feel better or know a way to feel better?

Favorite Answer

There are many things you can do to help treat your depression.

Moderate exercise for at least 20 - 30 minutes, daily, and up to an hour. Brisk walking is good, and try to be mindful of the feeling your foot makes as it hits the ground: it is a relaxation technique. Also use daily, one of the relaxation methods in sections 2, 2.c, 2.i, or 11, and/or yoga, Tai Chi, and/or the EFT, in sections 2.q, 2.o, and section 53, at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris whichever works best for you.

Take 4 Omega 3 fish oil supplements, daily: (certified free of mercury) it is best if consumed with an antioxidant, such as an orange, or grapefruit, or their FRESHLY SQUEEZED juice. If vitamin E is added, it should be certified as being 100% from natural sources, or it may be synthetic: avoid it. Also take a vitamin B complex which is certified as being 100% of natural origin; a deficiency in vitamin B9 (folic acid, or folate) is known to cause depression. Around 30% - 40% of depressed people have low vitamin B12 levels. Depressed females using the contraceptive pill may benefit from vitamin B6 supplements.

Occupational therapy (keeping busy allows little time for unproductive introspection, and keeps mental activity out of less desirable areas of the brain). As options, if desired, either a known, effective herbal remedy, such as St. John's wort, (the strength varies, but the supplier should be using a standardised hypericin content, so follow the directions) or supplements, such as SAMe, or Inositol (from vitamin and health food stores, some supermarkets, or mail order: view section 55 at ezy-build ).

Initially, at least, some form of counselling, preferably either Cognitive Behavio(u)ral Therapy, or Rational Emotive Behavio(u)ral Therapy. Co-counselling is shown in the first 3 pages of section 2, or online therapy, or even talking with someone you feel comfortable with, and a much more detailed post is on page R. Also see teen depression.

Read: "Lift your mood now." by John D Preston, Psy.D. 2001, New Harbinger Publications, Inc., 5674 Shattuck Avenue, Oakland. CA 94609 http://www.amazon.com/ may be worth trying for this. I have read many books on depression, but if there is a better, more easily read, and one which is easier to implement quickly, I haven't yet found it, and it also has a chapter on building self esteem (section 38, at ezy build uses a different approach). Visit your school counselor.

I have been suffering from post partum depression for the past one year when I gave birth to a baby boy. I couldn't stop thinking about how my husband loves him more than me and how things might be better if he wasn't born at all. Thus, I stayed away from him because I knew that I might do something I will regret for the rest of my life. Almost instantly I went to a therapist and convince them that I need help. Among other things, I've tried herbal supplements and other book to treat depression but nothing works like the Depression Free Method. So now I'm proud to say I'm one of the happiest mother in the world. My husband loves us both very much and I thank the Lord for the blessing he gave us. Depression Free Method?

When I talked to a Counselor a few weeks ago, you know what she said *every* teenager said when they came in to see her?

Everyone says they don't feel good enough, they're often depressed.

Welcome to being a teenager. It's part of growing from a little kid who had everthing done on your behalf, to learning to take on -- bit-by-bit -- responsibilities.

Take your time about this. You'll only be young once. Be yourself. Do fun things. Don't let normal ordinary concerns become clinical depression, which requires specialist treatment. Find the stuff you're best and get better at it. If that doesn't work out, try something new. Revel in each day.

Work out what has made you feel this way. You say you need to get over something so you have an idea were to start. I would suggest seeing a doctor or perhaps talking to a trusted friend. Depression is to be taken seriously and there is plently of support for this. take care and good luck

ya can try zoloft or some other anti depressant from a docter or hospitall but i would NOT recamend it what ya need is sun and exersis and just sweet it out

talk with your friends and read a book taht is really funny and for sure to make you laugh!

talk to someone. if you are seriously depressed, you can be put on medication and there will be an amazing difference.

REALIZE THAT EVERYONE THAT LOOKS LIKE THEIR HAVING FUN, IS'NT. PEOPLE THAT SAY THEIR GETTING SEX ARENT, PEOPLE THAT WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND DONT.

just ask yourself what you have to lose.