I got suspended from school for a stupid prank that NO ONE got hurt from?

My friend has a fake leg but only a couple of us know it. We had a substitute today in math, so I took my compass and stabbed her in the leg with it where he could see. Obviously since it's plastic, she couldn't really feel anything, so we were just acting. She started screaming and freaking out like it hurt really... show more My friend has a fake leg but only a couple of us know it. We had a substitute today in math, so I took my compass and stabbed her in the leg with it where he could see. Obviously since it's plastic, she couldn't really feel anything, so we were just acting. She started screaming and freaking out like it hurt really bad. He started freaking out, so then we told him it was just a joke, etc. BUT, he had us suspended - over a joke!? Is he overreacting or is that something really worth getting suspended over??