lds and mormons: is the morning after pill abortion?

I have made a mistake but I don't want to make it bigger. If I take the morning after pill will I be guilty of abortion too? please help me find an answer

Favorite Answer

No it's not. I know from personal experience. According to my bishop, it was my case that went to the first presidency to decide what discipline should be dished out for taking or helping someone take the morning after pill. It's considered another form of birth control, so I was disfellowshipped for a few months. If you decide to tell your bishop about it, you'll most likely have the same punishment.

• ?

Watch Saturday's Warrior.. It portrays the LDS way of thinking that the spirit doesn't enter the body until birth. I personally don't believe in abortion. As I think every living human deserves to live. From what I understand about the morning after pill is it prevents conception since all it does is make the egg unable to become fertilized. Egg never fertilizes then there was never a new life. But follow your heart and you conscious. Do what feels right for you that won't haunt you for years or the rest of your life.

The morning after pill does not 'kill' anything: it simply prevents pregnancy in two ways. First, by delaying ovulation, and second, by preventing implantation of a fertilized egg into the women's uterus. It is not the same thing as an abortion.

It is not abortion - it coats the lining of the uterus and prevents anything from being able to attach to the lining of the uterus.

It's not good to use the morning after pill as a method of birth control - however, it's great for one time mistakes!

If you really are LDS, then you should be thinking about what else you should do.

In the Book of Mormon it states how serious of a sin that is. I promise you, that if you go to your Bishop, he will be able to help you through it and you will feel a lot better, even though the thought of it may terrify you.

Repentance is tough, but with Christ, and your local authorized leaders, it's possible. Though your sins be as scarlet, they may be as white as snow.

Source(s): Alma 39-42

Yes and no, the fertilized egg, if that occurs, will never have a chance to attach so in that respect you are blocking "life" but you are not actually aborting it because it never attached. Do what you think is right, whatever you do remember God is forgiving

no the morning after pill is not abortion, it prevents you from getting pregnant to begin with.

im not a LDS or mormon but i cant imagine it would be considered an abortion.

no but if you are lds you are not supposed to take them according to the church- dating a mormon

im not a mormon, but i don't see why it would be abortion, the sperm haven't even made it to the egg yet