are lock pick legal in alabama?

i'm a kid and i've been doing lock picking for 3 months [for fun not to steel stuff] and want to know if it legal for me to buy/own lock picks

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

ALABAMA

Section 13A-7-8

Possession of burglar's tools.

(a) A person commits the crime of possession of burglar's tools if he:

(1) Possesses any explosive, tool, instrument or other article adapted, designed or commonly used for committing or facilitating the commission of an offense involving forcible entry into premises or theft by a physical taking; and

(2) Intends to use the thing possessed in the commission of an offense of the nature described in subdivision (a) (1) of this section.

(b) Possession of burglar's tools is a Class C felony. (Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §2615.)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Mike S
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

you know, touche, it helps if you put an interpretation there along with it. otherwise, you might have just put the link to where you found it.

"Section 13A-7-8

Possession of burglar's tools.

(a) A person commits the crime of possession of burglar's tools if he:

(1) Possesses any explosive, tool, instrument or other article adapted, designed or commonly used for committing or facilitating the commission of an offense involving forcible entry into premises or theft by a physical taking; AND

(2) Intends to use the thing possessed in the commission of an offense of the nature described in subdivision (a) (1) of this section.

(b) Possession of burglar's tools is a Class C felony. (Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §2615.)"

That "and" is pretty important legally. As long as he has legal uses for it when he possesses them (he practices on his own property and doesn't carry them around for no reason), it appears that he can own them.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If you are a professional locksmith, they are legal. However, if you are not, then they are considered burglary tools.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

i dont think so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.