canam
canam asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Is an American Solider a better judge of the war in Iraq than a politician?

Please view this video before answering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

Youtube thumbnail

Best Answer

February 17th 2004. My Wife, My Brother, remaining sons stood at

the grave site Arlington National Cemetary.We were there to honor

our Second Oldest who made the supreme sacrafice for his Country.

All this young Career Army officer knew was Duty, Honor and Country.

This was his 14th month in the sand. He extended his stay so another

young Officer could be home with his new baby. All I felt that day at

Arlington was Pride. No matter what time, No ,matter what day. you

could get this kid on the phone over in Iraq, and he would just pump

you up. He understood the Mission. He understood what it would take

to make it a successful mission. There were no delusions about how

long they would be there, It was called duration plus 6. Just Get it

Done.

The ceremony was simple, but longing in my heart and my mind.

This young man and so many like him. Are giving there all and more,

to make that young democracy stay alive. I have served in that

theater though years ago. I still see the same resolve the same

willingness to succeed As i did in my time in the sand.

War is not a game, War is not pretty, Its a business. We just do

different things then most when we are at work. Politicans are mouth

pieces for other politicans. Not constituents. The clamour from the

left is not from the people, but the noise comes from other democrats

in the Congress. They fan the flames and the rhetoric that has

caused the morale breakdown at times. If you were to up and down

each troop, in the sand by an overwhelming majority of 8 to 2 you

would have a get it done attitude.

So America Please let us the parents worry about the fate of our loved

ones. All we need is your support and caring for what they are trying

to accomplish.

Source(s): SOCOM/SGM, (ret) Gold Star family member. Lover of peace. Prepared to die for it. De Oppresso Liber.

I'm not a solider but I was in Iraq for Twenty Nine months as a defense contractor. It's simple if you are on the ground you can look and see for yourself. If not you will have to listen to others. The pullout that some politicians talk about would end in a massacre of Iraqi people. Plus would they just leave all of the materials that American citizens paid for with their tax money? Not to mention the lives of First class Americans that died there. Back in 2003 when they disbanded the Iraqi Army and put all the trained fighters out of work. Us on the ground were scratching are heads wondering why? I went out on over 500 missions escorting materials for the US Military and Coalition Forces. My force protection was made up of Iraqis. The Iraqi people want a free and democratic country. After destroying their country we owe them the chance to rebuild and improve their lives.

Regards,

Source(s): Been there.

Thank you. May God Bless each and every one of our brave men and women serving in the Armed Forces where ever they are. If we didn't have these soldiers and yes support groups we would be at war on our own turf. 9/11 is as close to war on our turf as I want to come.

Someone who has been there is the best judge of what needs to be done and how to accomplish it. Someone who visits for a short time with all kinds of safeguards in place is certainly no judge of what is happening.

Far better to listen to the men and women who actually are doing the job. A visitor can't possibly know the real picture.

His policies are obviously unconstitutional on so many levels, but I pose to you: Does that equate to injustice? Statistically, he has saved more lives than he has destroyed, however the methods used to do so demonstrate blatant flaws in the system's power to check the Executive Branch. I do believe the present has been made safer for many, yet the future will either hold a heavily restricted executive or one with a differing policy, both of which are dangerous at the moment. Just? yes. Right for America? No. There is no militant or near active army being raised against China to my knowledge.

With 9 grand kids in all branches of the military I would vote for the soldier, in most cases. However I do feel some politicians are aware of the dangers our kids face. But old wars are different than new wars.

New strategy, new weapons. No Up front and personal the soldier.

God bless all our kids fighting for this country, and our freedoms.

Let Freedom Ring.

When you want to know how a fight is going that you aren't in and can't see, ask someone who is. So many in this country have disrespected our troops to the point of sickness just because they have some silly agenda that consists of nothing more than to be disagreeable with the president and/or the military. The fact that there are some who hate the war in Iraq doesn't alter the fact that we all are entitled to know the full truth from an unbiased point of view. ...and that is not something we often get from politicians or the media. Their lies may well serve their agenda, but they are stabbing our soldiers in the back.

HECK YEAH a Soldier is a better judge of the War than a politician! I watched the video, and I'm proud of that young man and his solid ground he stands on! I'm so very proud of all Soldiers who are out there, and who have served before.

A solid statement from a solid, upstanding gentleman/Soldier.

God Bless our Soldiers, and the USA!

• Edg1

Politicians all have agendas.Soldiers just follow orders.Nobody listens to them-at their peril.The guys on the ground have the best sense of what is going on than some escorted, flak jacket wearing city boy.

Yes they are. and I have to agree with the first poster. some people in the untied states doesn't deserve these young men and women giving their life and limbs for them. But bless their hearts they are there for Them anyway. But one day the mockers and scorners of these Precious young people. will stand before a living God and give an account of their hate . .May I say thank you to any one that has ever served their country and say God bless you always.

Yes. I knew what that video was before I opened it up. A friend of ours, who knows we volunteer with deployed troops, sent it to us last week. After I watched it I wept, and all I can say is there many people in our country who are not worthy of the sacrifices our young men and women are making for our freedom. I am horrified by our country's lack of gratitude, patriotism and understanding of the importance of protecting our freedom.