True or false; removing picture card from digital camera while power is on will corrupt card.?

Took some pix (2) last week; reviewed them while in camera. Removed card to place in PC to email but pix were not there. Put card back in camera to see if I could view new pix. Not only were they not there but neither were the more than 75 others. While in camera; intructions said card needs to be formatted. I... show more Took some pix (2) last week; reviewed them while in camera. Removed card to place in PC to email but pix were not there. Put card back in camera to see if I could view new pix. Not only were they not there but neither were the more than 75 others. While in camera; intructions said card needs to be formatted. I had no choice but to do so. A friend said it was a result of removing card while power was on. Not 100% sure if power was on or not !
1 answer 1