Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Does anyone else think the X-Men movies were a disappointment?

I ask this for several reasons. 1)they never use X-Men characters like psylocke, gambit, and jubilee with more character/intrigue instead of vague ones like archangel and colossus. 2)they pretend that wolverine doesn't know who sabretooth and yuriko(aka lady deathstrike)are even though they are a big part of his past that he does vaguely remember. 3)they never get other villains involved besides Magneto. There's not Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, or Omega Red. I don't know, I just think they didn't do what fans asked of them. Gambit wouldn't have had to wear his usual flashy outfit. I mean they made-over the other uniforms that were way more flasy and bright-Wolverine's for example. Do you think they'll eventually make a 4th one with the likes of the characters(good and evil)I mentioned?

Favorite Answer

THANK YOU!

Finally, someone agrees with me on how god-awful those movies were.

They completely changed those characters, histories, and story-lines all around and replaced them with crap.

Just some of the many problems I have with thise movies:

- Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Angel and Beast were the 5 original X-Men. So, why are some older adults and the rest are teens who have never met?

- Mystique would never work with Magneto. They have 2 completely different agendas.

- Juggernaut is NOT a mutant.

- Lady Deathstrike is NOT a mutant.

- Rogue used to be a member of Mystique's Brotherhood and a criminal WAY before she changed her ways and joined the X-Men.

- Madrox the Multiple Man is NOT a villain who joins Magneto.

- Phoenix is supposed to be this ultra powerful fiery bird like creature who can fly into space at warp whatever number you wanna apply and eat planets. Instead we got this plae faced beyotch with a bad attitude.

- Phoenix does NOT kill Cyclops.

- Phoenix does NOT kill Prof X.

- Whatever happened to Storm's disappearing accent?

- Where are Rogue's other powers which are never shown in the movies?

- Iceman and Rogue were never in a relationship.

- Pyro was never a student at Xavier's

- Nightcrawler does not mutilate himself with disfiguring angelic brands all over his body. That's just retarded.

There are other problems with those movies, but I think that's enough for now.

Number 1 your view of the X-Men is not streamline fandom. Psylocke, Gambit and Jubilee are not worthy characters to build a movie around. They are late additions to the team with no history. Your mention of vague characters, Colossus and Archangel!!! Angel being one of the original X-Men - how dare you. Colossus, Peter Rasputin has been a stalwart on the team for decades. You obviously are not a real fan or you would know these facts. Maybe you grew up with the Saturday morning cartoon version in the 90's (since you think more of Gambit/Jubilee )of the X-Men which are nothing compared to the originals Uncanny version after issue 100.

Secondly,

Just too many character to get involved. They had to take 5 or 6 and do the job with what they had. In Hollywood today you can't hardly sign an actor and say your going to be a superhero but you have no lines or you will only be in 5 minutes. Everyone wants to be IT.. The magnitude of the cast that your talking about would have made the movie 3 hours plus. Can't put that much CGI in it because your don't want your budget to be 200 million.

Third - No more X-Men movies but Wolverine is due out late next year.

Yes I completely agree. Films that don't stay true to their adaptions immediately become disappointments, especially for the true fans of X-Men. I think the films are targeted at the younger generation who, the majority anyway, probably won't read the comics, so they obviously don't know what to expect. And because of this, I think it's unfair that the true X-Men fans have to suffer this. And I also think they should use a variety of villains instead of the repetetive use of Magneto.

The first movie was great but the last two were a disappointment yes. They should have added more characters or started a different story after the first movie.

• Janey

i loved the movies! they might not have followed the comics as well or used the charecters they should've, but the movies were definitely NOT bad. no, i don't think they'll make more X-Men movies. But they are making a Wolverine and Magneto movie.

Source(s): imdb.com

Not I, but I'll keep May 1st on my calendar, just to see what all the hype is about. Sounds interesting!

The first one was good. The second one was alright. And the third one couldn't have suck more even if they tried.

never cared for them in the first place

but i thought SIN CITY, 300, WANTED, DARK KNIGHT, BATMAN BEGINS were great graphic novel adaptions...