Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Does anybody else get the distinct impression that heaven is overrated?

First of all, nobody can actually conceptualise it...everybody has different ideas and opinions about what it is, where it is and what goes on there....which leads me to the conclusion that it probably doesn't exist

Secondly, if you sin, you get kicked out e.g. satan...

In addition, it sounds a bit like being back at school....

comments?

Favorite Answer

Someone last night stated that Jeffrey Dahmer became born again in prision (before he got killed). That he accepted jesus as his lord and savior. And asked, does this mean he is in heaven, and that Gandhi, who was a devote Hindu, is in hell?

People said yes, that because Dahmer accepted Jesus as his savior he is in Heaven, his sins have been forgiven.

He ate people! And Gandhi is IMO the greatest man that ever lived for this whole world, who without raising a finger in hostilities, freed India from British rule.

Should I be wrong, should I actually burn in hell for not accept jesus as my lord and savior, then IMO, i am still RIGHT, for there is no way I will want to spend all eternity in the same place as Dahmer. I'd rather be next to Gandhi and maybe learn a few things from him.

I read in college history, of a native american that was being burned alive by the good christians that sailed with Columbus. A priest said to him something along the lines of (it was many years ago) "Accept jesus in your heart so that you may go to heaven, instead of hell." The Indian replied "If Heaven is where the christians go, i'd rather go to hell, with my ancestors."

Actually once you are in purgatory, the only way to go is up which is heaven, and you can't be demoted from either place...... As to what it's like it's supposed to be like being bathed in love constantly. At least that's the impression I get, that's a far cry from being in school, where I was one of the the losers/freaks/geeks....... (I had medical probs back then too, that set me apart from everyone, so I was considered a freak), and there isn't any homework, or any smartazzed teachers.... So on the whole, heaven sounds a lot better.........

Hugs english girl!!!!

If you go by a standardized version then it's sort of medieval. Now if you were to take an existentialistic approach then it could become quite interesting. My definition; for an example, would entail a more hedonist attitude. Substances, my music and artistic endeavors, chemicals, central heating, swimming pools, & oh so many dalliances. It's all much nicer when framed in the subjective, like most things. Rigidity is a drag Babe, flexibility is where it's really at.

I think it is just a metaphor. an illusion given to man same as you tell a kid to be good and he will be given a sweet candy. To me it is parallel planet to earth without any immoralities, injustice or sin. where you are sent to after your death, less your physical body and if you were bad you get sent to a bad place with loads of pain.

I am not a religious person but once I had this discussion with a scholar who gave me a few references from biblical religions and only thing i remember from it was that there are seven levels of sky and earth, heaven is in sky on 7th floor and hell is under seven floor in earth. now each floor is apart from each other by a distance of 500 years i.e. distance an average man will walk in 500 years.

Sounds all entertaining however it is a deep matter and you need to have deeper knowledge of spirituality and religion before making an opinion.

What is described in the Bible as heaven will be a new heaven. It clearly says in the Bible there will be a new heaven and a new earth. Free from sin forever. Also, Christ shows us what we will be like in heaven after his resurrection. He appeared from nowhere, walked through walls, ate,...

So we will be like him. A physical being that can go places just by thinking about it. From earth to heaven, or anywhere else we think of.

I get the distinct impression that heaven is seriously underrated. I mean, no sex, all you do is sit around worshipping a sky daddy for the rest of your existance without any free will or ability to do anything you want. That sounds like a rather dire situation to me.

There is no clear statement in the Bible about Heaven... it i all in the mind of the Bible writers and the Christians who know how to fill in the gaps..!

According to the Bible, there is free will in Heaven!!! The Bible writers explain to us that no sooner God created Heaven with all the angels 1/3 of them rebelled against him on the SPOT and became demons!!! IMHO this is a major glitch in God’s Creation that Christians refuse to discuss! During the 6 day creation week God was very busy creating the rest of the Universe and Hell to do anything about this rebellion right away, but he scheduled to have all the rebellious angels evicted from Heaven and cast down to Earth along with Satan during the “Tribulation Period” after the Rapture™! In the meantime they can still commute back and forth to Earth even today (Rev. 12:9). So according to the Bible writers before Eve ever touched the forbidden fruit, 1/3 of the "innumerable host of Heaven" actually rebelled against God on free will!!! It is a shame that not even one single “Guardian Angel” was available to watch over and protect Eve from committing an UNKNOWN EVIL like eating from the fruit of the KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL that has the potential of sending the bulk of humanity that God loves so much to Hell “prepared for Satan and his angels” (Mat. 25:41). She learned that it was evil only afterwards when her “eyes were opened!” Only an ALL WISE GUY… Oops, sorry… GOD would set her up like that so the bulk of humanity would end up in Hell! (Jesus said that only a FEW will be “saved”) Later on more angels banded together to quit Heaven in the days of Noah when they noticed that the girls from around here were "BEAUTIFUL" so they had sex and family with them (Gen 6:1-2) – This is a clue in the Bible that male angels have well developed and well hung sexual organs, and that sex in Heaven must be very lousy or the female angels very ugly and prudish that they had to look elsewhere for a better deal not even 1,000 years soon after their creation... and so on... Remember that "without gullibility… (Oops, sorry again…) FAITH it is impossible to please God!" (Heb 11:6) and most Christians hardly read the Bible and stop to think what they are reading! They let the Clergy read it for them! The classical “When we get to Heaven God will tell us all that we need to know” is what makes Christianity so thriving! There are no mysteries in the Bible. The Bible is an open book! The Bible writers were men like you and I who knew how to tell religious people how they ought to worship the Bible God, Jesus, Father, Elohim, Adonai, Yahweh, HaShem, Jehovah, Eternal, Bog, Dio, Dios, Deus, Theo (Greek Zeus from where THEO-logy is derived), or whatever name you have for a religious deity in your own culture! Only a shifty character needs so many names and aliases. It is interesting that Satan is still Satan no matter what culture or language! The evidence is overwhelming Christians are more interested winning traditional religious arguments to impose by force if necessary their primitive rules and beliefs over the rest of society than showing any interest in true facts either from science or their own Bible.

• kaz716

No you don't get "kicked out" if you sin. Everyone sins. But we are forgiven of those sins through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Only through Him alone do we get into heaven.

Heaven is real. All you have to do to go to Heaven is believe on The Lord Jesus Christ. Sinning does not send you to hell. Once you accept that Jesus is God's Son and ask Him to save your soul from hell, you go to Heaven regardless of how you live your life.

Would you rather believe in Heaven and die and find out it didn't exist. Or not believe and die and find out you were wrong?

Certainly not. Eye hasn't seen, nor ear heard the wonderful things that God has prepared for those who love Him.

The redeemed are secure from sin for eternity, for God informs us that sin will not arise a second time.