will ibuprofen kill a bone graft?

a nurse told me that it would. a dr perscribed it and the bone graft is dead and infected having surgery again i believe cause the dr proscribed ibuprofen

• tess
    Favorite Answer

Nsaids have been proven to slow bone healing. Our Orthopedic Surgeon said it was o.k. for short term but not for any long term. How long were you on the Ibuprofen for?

Sometimes bone grafts don't take. Sometimes there's no obvious reason. If you have osteomylitis (bone infection), that would be the reason the graft died, not an anti-inflammitory

I have never heard of that as a problem, and in all my research did not find even a suggestion of such. Ibuprofen does have possible side effects, such as higher risk of stroke or heart attack, ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestines. It is a NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication) which means it works to stop inflamation. Speak to your doctor bout the concern or look it up in the library, they have many medical books there.

ibuprofen is a poison btw

Acetaminophen is a horrible drug, causes more painful deaths in the US than any other drug on the market.

Stay away from acetemine based drugs and go -organic- if you know what I mean, your liver will thank you.