Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

Hitlers Germany hated the Jews, but why did Hitler think he and his Arian race think they were so much better?

I never could figure this one out! I do know that Hitler was a frigan lunatic, but how did he or could he even convince the whole German race that they were just so much better in just about every way than the Jewish people, especially morally? To me he was a very arrogant man not to mention so dangerous! It's just to me, considering what a nutcase he obviously was, hard to imagine anyone did listen to him let alone a whole race following him! Probably the craziest thing that's ever happened to mankind! 6,000,000 + Jews, homosexuals, children and anybody else Hitler felt he could squeeze into his catagory that he hated we're incinerated and gassed! He has to go down in history as the most "infamous human ever!" If anybody out there can think of even 1 thing that's crazier "out there" in the history books, I'm all ears! And all this terrorism that's been going on since say 9-11? Do you think it compares to what Hitler did in any way at all?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Elly
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It wasn't really the "whole German race" who thought this way, but you're right that he was obviously a lunatic and it's hard to imagine for us now how people could follow him, and while it's hard to tell which percentage of Germans were really convinced Nazis or antisemites, they were definitely too many and enough to cause a lot of death and destruction.

I have asked myself these questions a lot because I am German, my parents were born in Nazi Germany, my grandparents were all more or less willing followers of Hitler. I'm not trying to excuse them at all, but my conclusion from all I have read and heard about this time and people living then, my main impression is that Hitler absolutely didn't come from nowhere, and he wasn't alone with his views from the beginning. Antisemitism was so widespread then, and before the Holocaust, it wasn't viewed as dangerous as it is now. In Germany, Jews had become citizens just some decades before Hitler came to power, many didn't regard them as their fellow Germans but as some kind of aliens, people were prejudiced against them, they made less than 1 % of the total German population, so many people didn't really have much personal contact with Jews and at the same time there was so much antisemitic propaganda circulating. In the Weimar Republic there were no laws against hate speech, it is scary if you look at some things that were published then by people not even associated with Hitler. All this made them an easy target for hatred and exclusion and a convenient scapegoat at a time when Germany was in economic and political trouble.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

First, do not misspell Aryan as "Arian" as that changes the meaning to making a reference to Bishop Arius, an early Christian. Second, you are making a big mistake believing what is often said, that Hitler "convinced" the Germans that they were superiour. The Germans already believed that and Hitler did not "mesmerize" them or "hypnotise" them into it with either hand gestures or speeches as so many very wrong books and authors have stated. Hitler was born into an anti-Jewish culture and had he never existed, never been born, the Germans would still have felt exactly the same way. The way that History is taught gives a very un-realistic feel for the timelines involved here. Writers and teachers keep repeating "the Weimar Republic" in a way that misleads American students into feeling that Hitler was preceded by an ancient republic comparable to the United States. Nothing could be further from the truth, in fact. Germany when Hitler was born and well into his adult life, had always been ruled by kings. Hitler fought in World War One until 1918 under a Kaiser and the Kaiser only abdicated in 1919. Four years later, in 1923, Hitler was leading the first revolt with the Nazis under a swastika flag: the "Muenschen Putsch" or Muncih revolution. When it failed, Hitler was imprisoned in 1923 and wrote "Mein Kampf" in prison. So your teachers start you off with this "Weimar Republic" thing which was only four years old, as a false background for Hitler.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      3 years agoReport

Arianists accept the philosophy of Arius (Christ wasn't divine & was co-eternal with God, not co-substantial). Very few Germans held the views you espouse. Wilhelm abdicated on 9 Nov. 1918 as a pre-condition to surrender. Hitler was imprisoned in 1924. The Weimar constitution held until 1934.

• Tim D
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Instead of starting from a position of assuming he was a lunatic, which is disputed anyway, and look at the position he found himself in, leader of a small nationalist party looking to advance his party's standing in the elections. Germany was affected by the Great Depression, probably worse than any other nation, the effect of losing the First World War and the partially-paid reparations demanded by the Treaty of Versailles and to the east faced a spreading Bolshevism, it was by opposing communism that Hitler gained support (financial and political) from the German industrialist base. He needed to aim/personalise this opposition and it happens that some of the leaders and activists in the German Communist party were Jewish and that some of the bankers who were swept along by the global recession were Jewish they became convenient hate-figures.

For more examples of totalitarian regimes and dictators look at USSR and Stalin, Cambodia and Pol Pot, China and Mao, etc etc.

I don't believe you can compare Hitler to recent terrorist activities in any meaningful way and btw, ‘all this terrorism’ hasn’t been going on since 2001.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

There's a little story that I've heard, not sure if it's true though. When Hitler was just a child, his mother fell fatally ill. Many doctors tried to cure her, but none could. Not even the last one. His mother died a day after the last doctor came to his house. That doctor was Jewish. There were plenty of Jewish people living in Germany before WWII. They lived there, they spoke the language. It was their home too. They also took up residence in Poland. Jews lived all over eastern and central Europe. Hitler had it in his head somehow that it was the Jews' fault that all of Europe was in the poor economic state that it was in. That they were some bad luck to keep around, and they were messing up his idea of the "perfect German race." So he killed them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, first off, he didn't convince the whole German race that they were better than everyone else. Most Germans weren't really Nazis.

That aside, why did he think the German people were better? Well, they do tend to produce a great number of scientists, and have done pretty well throughout history. But I think the most important reason, is that he just did; some people just think they're better than others. A sense of superiority is not a very unique trait.

• 1 decade ago

Look into history, Hitler is only one of many evil leaders. He was deluded, but he was not insane. At least not in the aspect of being unintelligent. If you don't believe me read his book, although it shows the seeds of his evil plans (he wrote it when he was young) it is intelligently written.

Want someone worse than Hitler? Look no further than Joseph Stalin of the Soviet Union. He killed 20 million and not only is this more than Hitler, he killed without rhyme or reason, even his own people. And to think he is still celebrated by some in Russia to this day...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If you appeal to people by telling them that they have been born special and are the product of a super race who have been denied there rightful place in the world by a race of Jews , Who with there money had subverted society so that they controlled there country . and the present state of the country was therefore there fault , and then add to that Germany was in the throes of a very bad depression with millions out of work and people were starving, (Of course he forgot to mention so was the rest of the world at that time ) It does not take a genius to see how they were manipulated they actual wanted to believe , because they had someone to blame for there woes the poor old jews who were in the same situation as the rest of that society

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

His mind and leadership role helped him to easily control the public with his words and thoughts. That's what makes any country with one leader so dangerous. Feel bad for sick Hitler and wonder why so many people in his country did his dirty work without ever questioning him. You're trying to make sense of madness.

Terrorist blow my mind too. They can build training camps and buy millions in weapons, but they won't build a school or spend millions on health care in their own country for their own families.

What about African Americans that have an African flag at home but will never go to Africa to plant a corn field or dig a well. They tell everyone how bad they have it. Did you know China and Iran are buying up hundreds upon hundreds of acres in Africa and nobody cares.

What about American Indians, they had it much worse because the government killed more than half of them legally at the time.

All races suck in one way or another because we all don't care about our selves and our fellow humans the way we should. We're too busy drinking Pepsi and watching people dance on TV. Except the Native Indians because they respected everything. They had love, health, happiness, pets, home, and food. All without money or government, which was probably the threat they posed to any money based government.

• 1 decade ago

at world war 1...when germany surrendered there were 3 germans that went to surrender...2 of those germans were jewish...so hitler blames the jews for losing world war 1...finding a scapegoat for germanys loss of wwi...hitler capitalized on that to gain support and start another war

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

While in Austria, he'd contacted syphilis from a Jewish prostitute. The disease leads to sterility, dementia, megalomania and finally death. That's why he hated Jews.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.