Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Question about Cyrano de Bergerac and the movie Roxanne?

In the 1987 movie "Roxanne," starring Steve Martin, Rick Rossovich played the not so witty fireman whom Roxanne preferred over CD Bales (Steve Martin's character). Which character in the play Cyrano de Bergerac would the character Chris be considered analogous to?

For example, Steve Martin's character CD Bales is analogous to Cyrano de Bergerac, and Daryl Hannah's character is analogous to Roxane, but who is Rick Rossovich's character analogous to?

Thanks,

Max

Favorite Answer

He would analogous to the character of Christian.

Christian was a good looking young man, who's looks Roxane fell in love with. When Roxane finds he is witless, however, she begins to lose interest- until he conspires with Cyrano and has Cyrano write witty letters that Christian claims are his writing.

From SparkNotes:

Baron Christian de Neuvillette - Perhaps the opposite of Cyrano, Christian a handsome but simple young nobleman who lacks wit and intelligence. New to Paris and to the cadets, he falls in love with Roxane and joins Cyrano's company of cadets early in the play. His good looks are matched only by Roxane's.

I hope I helped!

• ck1

In the play, the man Roxane loves is Christian de Neuvillette. That would be the Chris McConnell character in the movie (played by Rick Rossovich).

You can read about the play at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrano_de_Bergerac_(p...

You can read the play online or download it at Gutenberg http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/1254 (It's excellent; definitely worth a read.)

I hope this helps.

"To Cyrano: the entire worldwide is well liked by of you probably did compose, some songs to break the middle. For gorgeous prose, I deliver this rose, a tribute on your paintings! " Sir Cyrano, we rejoice your love for honest Roxanne. whilst Christian became right into a good-looking guy, you, costly, deserved her heart! " those got here off the amazing of my head so bypass forward and use those, i do no longer care. yet do enable me be attentive to, please. ( i don't be attentive to approximately your instructor, heh heh)