Recently realized...?

...but I'm just a little confused. I find men attractive, but I'm not attracted TO them. I'm confused about what this makes me.

Also, how do you tell fanatically religious parents that you have a girlfriend?

Okay, people, I know I like girls, obviously. I was just wondering if I would be perceived as lesbian or bi. That's all.

And I was wondering how to tell my parents. I don't like lying to them...

And whoever said to make out with her in front of my dad is sick. Sorry. That's disgusting.

Best Answer

Wow you just put into words exactly how I feel! I know which men are attractive to other girls etc but I just don't feel anything when I see them, on the other hand when I see a beautiful woman I just have to look, I can't help it, she mesmerizes me. I have to come to the conclusion that I am gay or at the very least bi, might take a little more experimentation to clear up the difference ;P

As for how to tell your parents, well I'd have to know your parents but I'd say there is no easy way to do it, they are going to be shocked whatever you say to them. You could try telling another family member that you trust first, for example an aunt or uncle and testing how they think your parents would react. (Preferably a relation that won't then run and tell your parents immediately)

Let your parents know before hand that you love them very much and that you want them to support you while you try out what works for you in life. Assuming it's Christianity they are fanatical about, Jesus said love thy neighbour and that the most important commandment was to love, they can't expect you to marry a man and live with him for all of your life and his and you not truly love him? Also, if you are currently dependant on your parents for support and believe they might take away support from you when you tell them then the best thing might be to wait until you are older and can look after yourself before you tell them, or be sure you have an alternative place you can go until they come to terms with what you have told them.

Good luck x

Definitely les. I went through a similar thing when I was younger and eventually came to realize that no attraction to men = not bisexual. As for the religion part, it depends on the religion.

You're bi,

you just happen to prefer girls over guys.

good luck with the parent thing,

if they truley love you,

they will accept it.

they will just need time.

and get used to being brought down about it,

just be ready to defend it :]

Good luck!

Make out with your girlfriend infront of your dad, straight men love that stuff...he'll accept you for sure...and if your mom doens't like it, just tell your dad to lay her.

you dont until you move out you crazy telling your parents keep it a secret from them its much hotter tht way lol

The fact the speed bump signs on the side roads leading to my school say 'speed hump'.

If you have a girlfriend, your probably a lesbian ;)