Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

what's worse weed or tobacco?

i dont do either but kids in my grade that do weed say that tabacoo is worse i dont belive them can u tell me which is worse and tell me what weed does to u

23 Answers

Relevance
  • SAGE
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tobacco as it has nicotine which makes it addictive. Marijuana is not addictive.

• 1 decade ago

Unfortunately, tobacco (even though legal) is worse than weed. Weed slowly kills your brain cells, and tobacco does so many different things to you, I don't really know where to begin to explain. You can either search the effects of both in your web browser, or wait for your health class to begin. They have all the information you need.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tobacco, in it's purest form, is not very harmful. It's a lot like weed. All natural. With the ciggarette companies putting all the bad stuff in the ciggarettes, it is way worse for you. You smoke way more ciggarettes, and they are way worse. Weed you don't do as much, lasts longer, and isn't addicting.

• 1 decade ago

well both can cause cancer, Tobacco is the more addicting of the 2 but weed can also get you jail time tough to say which is worse

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Tobacco is worse as i learnt this in my I.D.P lesson it's full as poisonings and addictive however Cannabis is still bad and can be addictive aswell. Tobacco you can get lung cancer,throat cancer,bad hearts and your tissuses block up with all the black smoke and poisonings. Cannabis you get high also known has (stoned),long-term-memory-loss,giggles,munches,paranoid,panic attacks and chatty cannabis goes strain the brain.

Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Tobacco is worse. It causes lung cancer and other health issues.

Weed does not. It is natural and doesnt cause any known major health issues. Other than it can kill brain cells that can effect your memory after long term use. It does alter the way you act and react to things while you are high. All and all health wise weed is better, but is also illegal!

• 1 decade ago

I know someone who has been smoking weed regularly since he was 11 or 12. At 14 years of age he started having behaviour problems and home and school and dropped out. At 17 years he was diagnosed with schizophrenia. After 5 years of going to psychiatrists they said that his condition was caused by the heavy weed usage, and if he came off his behaviour would be a lot better. He has no qualifications and spent time in prison because he kept picking fights with people because the weed effected his moods and personality. When he's off the weed he's calm, otherwise really hyperactive, prone to violence and depression. Tobacco on the other hand give the smoker and others cancer through secondary smoke. So take your pick.

• 1 decade ago

Definitely weed. According to a TIME magazine article, a blunt of weed is equal to 4 cigarettes, in terms of lung-destroying capabilities. So yeah, weed is definitely word.

Source(s): TIME
  • 1 decade ago

Both are bad they have different bad effects.

Every major government commission report on marijuana in the last 100 years has concluded that marijuana is not a serious threat to either individual or public health. You can read the full text of these reports at Major Studies of Drugs and Drug Policy - http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/Library/studies/st...

Source(s): wiki answers
  • 4 years ago

Alcohol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

im a ex stoner, and i currently dont smoke because im pregnant.

but i will be picking it back up after pregnancy.

i dont consider pot a drug.

its only when you let weed use you and you want to get higher you let it consume all your time and thoughts is then when its harmful, unless you use it recreationally your fine.

i would say ciggs.

my boyfriend only smoked pot then picked up ciggs and started having bad breathing problems.

i kept telling him to quit and when he finally quit the ciggs, he was able to breathe without any complications and could smoke normally.

and if you dont agree, get a vaporizer for your weed & that will cancel out any real harm in weed but still get you high.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.