Bryan asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Translating song lyrics (English to Arabic)?

I'm interested in getting the lyrics from a song translated from English to Arabic.

The lyrics are "Never want to put my feet back down on the ground".

I'd like to get this as a tattoo, but I'm running into a problem. Do I translate the lyrics Figureatively or Literally?

If I translate them Figureatively, no one will be able to identify the song by the lyrics. If I translate the lyrics literally, it may not make sense in Arabic.

Thoughts on this?

Also, where is the best and easiest way of translating the song lyric on the web? I don't want to just print something right out of Google translator onto me permanently.

Favorite Answer

Great lyric. Unfortunately that term or expression does not really exist in Arabic. I'll translate it for you verbatim if you want, but from one DM fan to another, the meaning will be lost.

Here's the verbatim translation: ولن أضع ارجلي على الأرض

But like I said, the meaning is lost once you translate it. It sounds, for lack of better words, kinda corny too. And I highly recommend you not use Google Translate for phrases like that, especially if you are permanently placing it on your body. Google translate isn't 100% accurate from English to Arabic.

Here's the same answer I gave 3 months ago: Great lyric. Unfortunately that term or expression does not really exist in Arabic. I'll translate it for you verbatim if you want, but from one DM fan to another, the meaning will be lost. Here's the verbatim translation: ولن أضع ارجلي على الأرض But like I said, the meaning is lost once you translate it. It sounds, for lack of better words, kinda corny too. And I highly recommend you not use Google Translate for phrases like that, especially if you are permanently placing it on your body. Google translate isn't 100% accurate from English to Arabic.