How could I become a successful hedge fund manager?

I saw an episode of vh1's The Fabulous Presents..... and it sparked my interest. The episode was called "Billion Dollar Wall Street Ballers." In it, they talked about hedge fund managers and financiers Stephen Cohen and Edward Lampert who make about $1 billion a year. Now, I know it's kinda superficial to take a job just because it pays well, but I really don't care. How could I get myself into that kind of position? What would I need to study in college? What kind of jobs would I get to work my way up?

I'm 15 a sophomore in high school.

I wanna make billions, too!

Favorite Answer

I'm also 15 and want to become a hedge fund manager. I don't want to be a hater because we have enough of those around but if u see something for the first time and think u can get something so specialized as that without any type of prerequisite it's probably not going to happen. Most of those guys u see out there have doing these things since their teens. It's a gift. I myself would consider myself just as gifted. I've been security trading since 7th grade without any help and taking home tasty profits. Adults have promised me money for me to managfor them. Researching companies and markets is my life. There isn't any classes you can take is a talent and a mind. I would advise you to find something you love doing and find a job that goes with it.

• babin

Take each and every of the more suitable math you may and accounting, information and economics in the experience that your college can provide it. Plan on getting an MBA with a concentration in finance in college or a Masters in financial Engineering in case you will come across a school that provides it.

Start by learning that important life questions should be asked of competent people, not of random, anonymous people on the Internet!