Thatoneguy asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Cichlids, black ghost knife, and african butterflyfish?

I have a 46 gallon tank and I was wondering if my black ghost knife fish and african butterflyfish would get along with any type of cichlids. If so, what kind and how many? Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

Your only real options would be dwarves like Rams, Kribs, Apistos, Laetacara species, or a smaller Dwarf Pike. Also, you WILL need to either upgrade to a larger tank (around 75 gallons) or get rid of the BGK eventually... these are NOT small fish and cannot be expected to cohabitate well with anything in such a small tank.

I trust almost each and every remark, yet I effectively housed 2 24" clown ghost knifes with an entire grown albino Oscar, alongside with a gar and an arowana . Timing is each and every thing and elevating fish that shouldn't flow jointly is an paintings....initiate with a super tank and small fish....They react no in yet in any different case than canines and cats...enable them to enhance up jointly.....reliable luck!!!