How are Republicans fooled into believing McCain's tax policy does anything to solve America's problems?

Don't the Republican finance advisors realize that cutting taxes significantly for the rich, and slightly for the poor will only further the wealth disparity in this country? And how do the Republicans plan on reducing our ridiculous national debt if they only lower taxes? I don't see any possible way for the Republicans to produce a balanced budget...

I would like everyone to examine this chart for reference and rethink what they may or may not have been told about the Republican's and Democrat's tax policies.

http://www.stefanhayden.com/blog/2008/06/14/tax-cu...

Please continue :)

Favorite Answer

I am so tired of this Democrat spend and welfare myth and crap. Democrats work and pay taxes like everyone else. Over the last 8 years who has spent like a drunken sailor? Republicans want to talk about welfare and handouts fine let's talk about them:

The American automakers want $50 Billion in bailouts. Who told them to spend the last 30 years building crap cars. Toyota and Honda don't have these problems and they are not union related either. Who had the Prius when gas prices were climbing? Who was building truck plants? Why did Ford think it was a bright idea testing motors by blowing compressed air into them as opposed to using oil and gas to see if they actually worked prior to installation? When the Japanese cars started arriving the American response was a tariff not a better car. Why is my 10 year old Honda running fine and my friends newer GM and Chevy vehicles in constant need of repair?

Who let Bear Sterns, Countrywide and the rest lend a guy making $50,000 per year $300,000 for a house? I came across a woman making $2,000 per month but she got a mortgage for $4,000. WTF how the hell did that happen?

Merck peddled a poison drug - Vioxx. The Republican response was to make it difficult to sue as opposed to punishing Merck. What kind of shlt is that?

The Air force spent $1.4 Billion and $283 million on bombers. One of each crashed a few months ago. Who the hell authorized that? No one questioned them and the expense?

Last year my wife and I paid $20,000 in taxes. We didn't pay them so Rick Wagoner can save his a*ss. I don't work for Ford or GM probably never will. However the library here in Plano, Tx is constantly begging for money. I would prefer my money go to them as opposed to Gm or some bomber that's in a dumpster now. If the Republican want to call that welfare I'm all for it. It beats paying for corporate America's deliberate f*ckups. I'm voting Obama. Screw McCain. Bush can go to hell and take his friends with him. Especially Cheney and Romney. The smug bastards.

First of all you need a basic understanding of how the economy works.

Lowering taxes, especially capital gains taxes, increases the amount of money that is available to grow the economy.

This increased growth produces more revenue for everyone, the Government included. The Federal Government actually takes in 20% more revenue now than before the tax cuts earlier this decade and more of that comes from the upper 10% bracket than before.

Does this cause a greater gap in rich and not rich..yes. But only because the "rich" grow at a faster rate. They are the ones investing the money. The not rich still grow and have grown since the tax cuts were put in place.

This is how the economy works, the only way to change this is to stunt the economy and limit how it can grow. This is the case in many EU countries such as France and Germany where their economy is FAR worse off than ours....nearly double the taxes and unemployment.

I'm a liberal and I hardly consider Obama's reelection a sure thing. In fact, if the GOP could just put up someone who was not a nut or establishment shill, they would almost certainly win if the election were held today. That said, the GOP can't seem to put up anyone good and the election is still a year away. It all depends on how the economy is doing next October.

Well maybe they think that the rich are at least working and not setting around expecting someone else to pay for them to do nothing. Most Republicans are not rich and we do not worry about the tax policy because we know the dems will tax the middle working class more to pay for those that refuse to work and get off drugs and welfare.

The POOR do not pay Income Tax. Actually about 43 million Americans or about 40% of taxpayers pay ZERO income tax.

You need to ask the Democrats HOW they intend to balance the budget-- they control both Houses of Congress -- for almost 2 full years by election day.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/1410.ht...

EDIt- I love the thumbs DOWN -- do you deny that the poor do not pay any income tax-- and that the Democrats are in control of Congress??

For the teenagers and old LIBERALS posting here-- Congress controls the money & tax legislation 100%. The President only proposes a budget-- then Congress attaches 100s of amendments and PORK to the Bill and finally passes it.

Yikes. Economics 101 mate.

It's actually quite basic. Lower taxes are good for a struggling economy-- more people can spend. If you don't believe me, believe the left-wing media even admitting that McCain's economic plan is significantly better. It's everywhere.

Republicans are not fooled into believing McCain's tax policy will do anything to solve America's problems. it will.

Democrats are fooled into believing Barack Hussein Obama's tax policy will anything to solve America's problems, it won't.

Barack Hussein Obama's tax policy will put America in an economic depression.

Source(s): Economics
  • lrd00a

It means more JOBS!!! Reduce the taxes and restraints, and certain aspects of free trade for big businesses so that it's more attractive to manufacture in the U.S. instead of outsourcing. More jobs=more money for the middle and working classes (as more offices and factories open here).

How are Democrats fooled into believing Obama's tax policy does anything to solve America's problems? Letting Bush's tax cuts expire and replacing them with his own, does not decrease taxes for the middle class. Neither does taxing big business which passes on that tax to the consumer.

• susi

First off let us clarify all the money that Congress has approved and not lump all the blame on GWB! Secondly, throughout history, it has always been the democrats who have inflicted higher taxes. You are correct that the GOP-ers will never balance a budget as long as we have a dem- contolled Congress. Answer, vote Republican!

That is the question of the election. Why are they so convinced? Especially after 8 years of this very system. Real world evidence demonstrates that the policy is a farce.

Edit: Also, anyone who tries to tell you that democrats are responsible for spending, spending, spending is simply ignoring the war in Iraq. Who is spending money?