What is the capital CITY of The District Of Colombia?
10 pts for correct answer~!!!!
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Your question is very poorly written.
1) There is no "District of Colombia". There is however, a District of Columbia, or more distinctly, "Washington, D.C.", The capital of the United States of America. You note the difference in spelling between the two.
2) As Washington D.C. is already a city, it wouldn't make any sense to ask what is the capital.
3) Colombia is a country in South America. By way of comparison, 'Columbia' is the female personification of the United States, much like "Uncle Sam" is a male personification.
4) The Capital City of Colombia is Bogotá, or more correctly, "Bogotá, D.C.", where 'D.C.' is the abreviation for the spanish words, "Distrito Capital" (Translation: Capital District)Source(s): http://www.expatsecuador.com
- 1 decade ago
- 3lixirLv 61 decade ago