Jake asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

What's a good bank for the military?

I was wonder if Bank of America, Wels Fargo, etc etc etc. I know there is USAA, but another other civilian bank's measure up to USAA?

Favorite Answer

USAA hands down. We have been with them for years and we will never switch. Their rates are the best out there and their customer service is incredible. We pay far less for our car and renter's insurance with USAA than with any other company. We have 2 checking accounts, 2 savings accounts, a credit card, renters, auto, and life insurance. They are awesome.

The best thing about them is their "Deposit at Home" program. If you have a scanner and need to deposit a check, you just scan the check and it is automatically credited to your account. No going to the bank, no mailing in your check. You can do it anywhere in the world!!

All though USAA doesn't have physical branches, you can do everything on-line. They even reimburse ATM fees (up to $15 per month). They total cater to the military. They can relate to military issues and problems and have always be helpful and caring towards us. They sincerely value our business.

Source(s): AF WIFE

I have to say that USAA is better then any civilian bank. Civilian banks really don't give a crap about people in the military. The best example I can give is that when my husband and I banked with a civilian bank (which had a branch on base) he had his wallet stolen in transit to Iraq, so I had to cancel our cards (which meant I didn't have a credit or ATM card). They let me cancel them just fine, but when it came time to re oder them, they would NOT allow me to re order the cards even though I had a POA and was the one that canceled them. They actually made my husband call from Iraq to sort the whole thing out. Since we've had USAA we've had no problems at all.

Source(s): My Everyday Life... USMC INFANTRY WIFE

USAA is better than any civilian bank I've been with.

Yeah use USAA! i just opened my USAA bank account last night with my fiancee joint account :) they have lots of good stuffs compared to civilian

• Deka

before I joined the army I was told to get a Bank of America account, i was going to switch to them anyway since i didnt like my little bank I was with (M & T) yeah well they turn out to be Bank of only the lower 48 states of America. I'm stationed on American soil for the next 3 years and theres no BoA (Alaska)

Well my sister in Law is in the army and she has an accountant with Bank of America and she complain because of different places she travel to through the Army, (Iraq for example) there was no bank of America .

they have a bank of america military bank, and its alright but it aint as good as usaa

Source(s): personal experience

My husband and I are using Wells Fargo right now. But we are going to switch to USAA.

My husband isn't happy with Wells Fargo.

I think USAA is better. It has free* worldwide ATM use. It's one stop shopping. They offer financial advise. And they are military oriented.

I'm also looking forward to using their youth and teen banking to teach our kids about finance (when we have kids).

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?...

Source(s): Army Wife

USAA. They basically serve protection rigidity and their board is chock crammed with past provider individuals. shopper provider is likewise the ultimate i've got ever experienced of any marketplace, no longer to show banking.

If you are in the Marines of Navy look into Navy Federal Credit Union. They will take care of you.

http://www.navyfcu.org/

Source(s): Former Marine Navy Federal member