Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Jake asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

What's a good bank for the military?

I was wonder if Bank of America, Wels Fargo, etc etc etc. I know there is USAA, but another other civilian bank's measure up to USAA?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

USAA hands down. We have been with them for years and we will never switch. Their rates are the best out there and their customer service is incredible. We pay far less for our car and renter's insurance with USAA than with any other company. We have 2 checking accounts, 2 savings accounts, a credit card, renters, auto, and life insurance. They are awesome.

The best thing about them is their "Deposit at Home" program. If you have a scanner and need to deposit a check, you just scan the check and it is automatically credited to your account. No going to the bank, no mailing in your check. You can do it anywhere in the world!!

All though USAA doesn't have physical branches, you can do everything on-line. They even reimburse ATM fees (up to $15 per month). They total cater to the military. They can relate to military issues and problems and have always be helpful and caring towards us. They sincerely value our business.

Source(s): AF WIFE
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have to say that USAA is better then any civilian bank. Civilian banks really don't give a crap about people in the military. The best example I can give is that when my husband and I banked with a civilian bank (which had a branch on base) he had his wallet stolen in transit to Iraq, so I had to cancel our cards (which meant I didn't have a credit or ATM card). They let me cancel them just fine, but when it came time to re oder them, they would NOT allow me to re order the cards even though I had a POA and was the one that canceled them. They actually made my husband call from Iraq to sort the whole thing out. Since we've had USAA we've had no problems at all.

Source(s): My Everyday Life... USMC INFANTRY WIFE
  • 1 decade ago

USAA is better than any civilian bank I've been with.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah use USAA! i just opened my USAA bank account last night with my fiancee joint account :) they have lots of good stuffs compared to civilian

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Deka
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

before I joined the army I was told to get a Bank of America account, i was going to switch to them anyway since i didnt like my little bank I was with (M & T) yeah well they turn out to be Bank of only the lower 48 states of America. I'm stationed on American soil for the next 3 years and theres no BoA (Alaska)

• 1 decade ago

Well my sister in Law is in the army and she has an accountant with Bank of America and she complain because of different places she travel to through the Army, (Iraq for example) there was no bank of America .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they have a bank of america military bank, and its alright but it aint as good as usaa

Source(s): personal experience
  • 1 decade ago

My husband and I are using Wells Fargo right now. But we are going to switch to USAA.

My husband isn't happy with Wells Fargo.

I think USAA is better. It has free* worldwide ATM use. It's one stop shopping. They offer financial advise. And they are military oriented.

I'm also looking forward to using their youth and teen banking to teach our kids about finance (when we have kids).

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?...

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?...

Source(s): Army Wife
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

USAA. They basically serve protection rigidity and their board is chock crammed with past provider individuals. shopper provider is likewise the ultimate i've got ever experienced of any marketplace, no longer to show banking.

• 1 decade ago

If you are in the Marines of Navy look into Navy Federal Credit Union. They will take care of you.

http://www.navyfcu.org/

Source(s): Former Marine Navy Federal member
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.