Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Black Jesus -or- Demon?

For Halloween I want to either be Black Jesus, with grills, bling, dread locks, and stuff like that, and no I'm not trying to be disrespectful but more and more movies and t.v. shows are making Jesus black. (Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty.) Or a cross between a demon and a devil, with horns, fangs, and were a red vest and slacks. So it would be a more modern demon or like Satan goes to prom.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Black Jesus, bling out a crown of thorns.

• God was black in those movies, not Jesus.

BTW: Jesus was from the Middle East. So he most likely had dark hair and an olive complexion. (That's right, he was neither black nor white!!!!)

• Kryten
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Black Jesus

Hopefully you might offend more fundies that way.

Why is it OK to be disrespectful of other people's silly beliefs (flat earth, LHC destroying the world, UFOs etc), but not someone's equally silly religious belief.

Do Christians, Muslims and others believe that their religion deserves more respect because it is a religion?

• 1 decade ago

And if you came to my house, how would I know you're supposed to be Black Jesus? Black, yes. Jesus?

As long as artists have depicted Jesus, they have done so "as they see Him" -- since noone knows what He really looked like, knock yourself out!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God was black in those movies, not Jesus. Go as black Jesus anyway.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try a black jesus. That will offend the nazi christians

• 1 decade ago

jesus is black! have u ever read the bible? it says that his feet were burnish bronze..which is dark dark..and his hair was like wool..have u ever seen a real sheep's wool? its just like black peoples hair..so there u go..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.