what home remedy helps secondary yeast infections?

Favorite Answer

You need to rebalance your system- not just treat the symptoms.

A natural protocol:

Garlic capsules 2 caps 3x daily (fights the infection)

Biotin 300 mcg 3x daily (inhibits yeast growth)

Probiotic 2 caps daily (restores normal bacterial balance)

Vitamin C 2000-5000 mg daily (improve immunity)

Tea Tree Oil applied topically (fight infection, reduces itching)

Avoid sugar, fruit, refined carbohydrates, alcohol, and all dairy products except yogurt.

2

Source(s): Naturally Eliminate Yeast Infection : http://YeastCure.trustdd.com/?cgRY

I read this on an alternative health website and have done it a couple of times: after washing up for the night, put a garlic oil capsule in there. It has to be at night before you sleep so you don't pee it out and it has a few hours to do its work. Do this 3 nights in a row. It has really worked for me. I get yeast infections if I've taken antibiotics for something. Even though they are supposed to be specific rather than general, they seem to kill a lot of my good bacteria and the imbalance causes yeast or fungal infections.

Hello, I'm on the second week and seeing definite improvement on my yeast infection symptoms:

https://bitly.im/aL9ki

Note that: If the yeast infection doesn't respond to over the counter treatment, prescription medication will likely be necessary. Similarly, if the symptoms return after two months of being treated, you should contact the doctor for professional treatment rather than resorting again to home treatment.

https://bitly.im/aL9ki

If this is the first time you have experienced a yeast infection, you should schedule an appointment to have the condition treated by a doctor instead of resorting to home treatment

• Jaimee

1 package of dry yeast 1/4 cup warm water 2 tablespoons sugar 1 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup sour cream 1 large egg 2 1/3 cup flour 1 cup grated cheese 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper Method In a small bowl dissolve yeast in warm water add a teaspoon of sugar. Set a side for 6 minutes. In a bowl add sugar, salt, baking soda, sour cream, egg and 1 1/2 cups of flour. Mix with an electric mixer for 30 seconds on low speed. Turn mixer to high speed and mix for another 2 minutes. With a wooden spoon stir in the rest of the flour and the cheese and pepper. Spoon into 2 greased med. loaf pans. Let rise for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove loaves and cool on a wire rack. Hope I Helped ;)

Prescriptions from the doctor would usually be Canestan pessaries or creams. These creams are typically available off the shelves of any pharmacy. however, you can also make use of live plain yogurt which is soothing and help to clear a mild attack of thrush.

In addition, douching twice daily with 10 drops of tea tree oil in a pint of warm water or using tea tre cream can be very effective. Tea tree has a mild local anaesthetic effect which is very helpful for itching and soreness. Garlic douches, two crushed cloves in a pint of warm water can also bring relief. "Cervaygn" vaginal cream, a blend of acidophilus with emollients derived from vegetable oils, helps to maintain normal vaginal flora and penetrates deeply into the vaginal tissue.

For more information on causes of yeast infection and immediate relief, you may wish to read about them here : http://yeast-infection.best-health-remedy.com/

You can try to eat more foods containing Lactobacilius Acidophilus. Which can be found in Yogurt (preferred all natural and unsweetened). Milk, cheese, practically all dairy products. Or you can just take the acidophilus in a pill form.

Culterelle has great probiotics. Or you can try Femdophilus which you can buy off of Amazon.com. Femdophilus is the only probiotic I know of that has over 5 million live active cultures.

The previous answers of yogurt on a tampon work. Also, try tea tree oil. Get those OB non-applicator tampons, cover the tip with KY jelly or Vaseline (to prevent absorption), and put a couple drops of pure tea tree oil. I did this several times, it will sting a tiny bit, but for me it wasn't unbearable.

If you use feminine washes or antibacterial soap, don't use them anymore, at least until you're better.

it sounds really gross but it works. take a tampon and smother it in PLAIN yogurt and stick it in you over night. then in the morning shower and clean up down there. do that for a couple nights. the bacteria in yogurt is a good bacteria and will eat away the yeast infection. :-)

clotromizole cream 1 1/2% or 2% . I know you want a home remedy, but this will relieve the itch.