Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 1 decade ago

Is the Queen of England popular with her subjects?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have no interest at all in the Monarchy, but I do appreciate that they bring a lot of tourism and money into the UK.

Apparently, each person in the UK pays about 72p a year towards the Royal family, and so we're told it's a bargain.

Saying that, if each person paid 72p to a charity, think how much we could do... That'd be about £43,000,000 a year. How many lives could be saved with that?!

Personally, I am all for democracy, and would rather have someone rule the country because they have been elected, rather than because they were born into it. Or, if you want to go old school, the Monarch should fight for their role at battle. That'd make for an interesting day's entertainment, at least.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Col
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The Queen of Britain or the United Kingdom ( there has been no " Queen of England " since 1603 ) is to a great extent a nominal head and probably remains more popular with her older subjects than the younger generation . Not something that the average person thinks a lot about these days .

• 1 decade ago

As is the British way its 50/50. Half love her to bits and the other half think she is a financial millstone around our necks. That is until someone from another country has a go at her. Then this country is 100% for Her Majesty and will fight anyone to protect her. God save the Queen.

• 1 decade ago

She is in this household, and if you had watched "Last Night of the Proms" on tv last night you would have seen the thousands singing her praises during the National Anthem! She is far more popular than some people want to believe.

God Save the Queen!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

God Save the Queen

• 1 decade ago

SHE SAVED MY LIFE!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.