Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

How do you make thin hair look thicker?

Best Answer

moose works really well. also a shorter haircut where they thin out the hair makes it look thicker.

teasing works but it can also leader to knotty hair. gotta be careful with that.

doing it wet with gel to make it look wavy will also make your hair appear look thicker.

treseme is a shampoo to add volume.

Source(s): i asked my stylist about this a few weeks ago.

I'd like to second hot girl's mention of redken. I have really, really thin blonde hair (like, you can see quite a lot of scalp), and I use Redken Body Full shampoo and conditioner and my hair looks awesome and thick and bouncy. Makes me happy about my hair.

When I wash my hair and want it looking thick if I go out that night, I leave my hair in a ponytail throughout the day after I wash it (and it's still wet). I find this makes my hair a lot thicker too. Leaving your hair in overnight has a similar effect, but I wouldn't suggest it as it can lead to breakage.

Head massages not only feel good but also really work in making more hair grow. It's all about circulation. Exercise helps a lot too (in terms of circulation), as does a diet with enough iron (meats, etc) and leafy vegetables. I'm not a big fan of lettuce on its own, but I get my daily dose of it in wraps, and I love chicken wraps (chicken has protein; also good for hair growth).

Also, when you shampoo, spend time massaging it into your roots as this help stimulate hair growth. But when you massage, use the pads of your fingers, not your nails, as nails can rip your hair out. And before you put the conditioner in, squeeze the excess water out from your hair. This helps your hair absorb the conditioner easier. Leave it in for a few minutes, don't wash it out straight away.

I put emu oil in my hair overnight some nights as that's supposed to make your hair stronger, healthier, thicker and more of it. I tend to do this on nights when it's just me at home alone, as it looks pretty greasy. Then I just wash it out in the morning.

Try not to straighten or blow dry your hair too often, as this will definitely thin your hair out. Hair straighteners remove nearly all the moisture from your hair, which equals 'snap'. Wearing product too often clogs your hair follicles and stops hair from growing.

Make sure your hair has enough moisture, too. I use a Redken Clear Moisture hair mask twice a week. I especially recommend it if you do straighten your hair often. Don't use it too much necessary; it can weigh your hair down a lot.

Lastly, avoid really long, unlayered hair. Layers are your friend, and shoulder to medium length hair means it isn't weighed down.

Hope this helped!

Source(s): Personal experience.

you can make it look thicker by adding bouncy curls and using volumizers. hairspray your roots and fluff your hair to make it look bigger and thicker.

regardless of what you decide to do, i plead, DO NOT PUT IT IN PONYTAILS!! they make your hair look really thin. and also, the best length is about 3in. below your shoulder.

Good Luck!

Tease your hair at the roots. Using a comb, push the hair down from the top. It'll give your hair lots of body.

Volumizers!

Start washing your hair with Nioxin and it should grow in thicker.

Source(s): I'm a cosmetologist in the state of CO.

theres this really good shampoo called redken shampoo. Believe me it works really good. I use it.