Is anyone else really unimpressed with Sarah Palin?

After watching her interview on ABC, I don't feel as though she's much more qualified, knowledgeable or eloquent than the average soccer mom. What's with all the buzz? Is it because she seems so unremarkable? I sort of feel the same way about her as I do about Paris Hilton--why does the press care?

Actually, I should amend my comments: why should we care, McCain will be approaching the life expectancy of U.S. males and the presidency doesn't exactly add the years.

George W. Bush is more of a socialist than anyone in the sense that he's increased government spending by a factor of 10...where is it going? The military. Okay, sorry, that's communist.

Personally, I think she stands "pale-in" comparison to the other potential vps...had to get that in.

Power!, honestly, I've asked similar questions in the past I get almost a verbatim response everytime: "...you left wing socialists always say ____." Don't waste our time.

So Sarah Palin doesn't use teleprompters?

Favorite Answer

Sarah Palin has about the same resume as former Vice President Spiro T. Agnew. He was County Executive for Baltimore and served less than 2 years as Governor of Maryland before Nixon picked him as a running mate. He crashed and burned later after vetting that did not take place until Nixon's second term. Sarah Palin is a light weight who was picked as a foil for Hillary Clinton and a concession to the extreme right wing Republican base who favor abstinence-only sex education and allegiance to big oil.

She scares me. That type of do as I say not as I do Christian who has specific knowledge of how everyone should live should never be in power. Look at the outright lies she told in her speech, look at the investigation of her actions.

I have no problem with her personal beliefs, but, when you are a servant of the people, you must be able to represent all of those people, not just the ones who believe( or pretend to) as you do.

And since Christianity has been the property of the GOP since Reagan, it will give the militant Christians something to follow.

• ?

Its stable to comprehend that there is yet another factor to the Palin debate yet as a remember of reality her Gosh Golly attitudes has drawn most of the unfavourable interest. Her comments have been unfitting somebody protecting public place of work (the president want balls? rather) and that's important to human beings. we are bored with looking like idiots to the international so consistent with danger it is the reason Palin is getting hit by way of the bus as a tutor to the international.

She is not the best person for the VP job. If that is the best person McCain could come up with, how can we trust his judgement? She is not qualified to run the country if McCain could not finish the presidency. It is a scary thought. She'd be about as qualified as Bush. You can see where he has taken our country.

• maxmom

I feel bad for her, and I really hope she is not placed in a position to run the country!

Being the Gov. of a tiny (pop) state that only has 5% public lands hardly qualifies to run a country!!!

I actually felt sorry for her after seeing the ABC interview...

I then realized that she is set up to take the fall for McCain when they lose in November...

They always need a martyr... and they sure don't mind it being a woman!

I don't think she was the best choice for VP at all! McCain just picked her cause she's a woman and wants all the Hillary Clinton supporters to vote for him. Mitt Romney would have been the perfect choice.

Sarah put it best with this comment.

Paraphrasing:

The old "stand-by" career politians haven't done jack to help solve the major problems facing our nation. They have even caused a lot of these problems. Why not let some NEW, outside Washington, people give it a shot!

George W. Bush - with lipstick!

Cause her life is messed up hence interesting :)

If she gets into the white house she will be on perezhilton.com more than Reuters.com