Jon
Lv 4
Jon asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

summary of pochontas and john smith.?

Can someone pls tell me a summary of John Smith and Pochontas. And how she recused him and I don't want the disney version of it, but the true story that actually happened. thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

John Smith was an English military leader.

He set dictatorial type rules that saved Jamestown from failure. The settlers of Jamestown were hungry for gold, and didn't spend the needed time doing necessary work, leading them down the path of ruin.

John Smith came on the scene and told the settlers that "if you don't work, you don't eat."

Pocahontas, whose real name is Matoaka (probably nicknamed Pocahontas meaning "playful one"), was the negotiator between the Jamestown settlers and the local Indians, Powhatans.

Wahunsenacawh was the chief of the tribe and Pocahontas' father.

He wanted to demonstrate the power of his position and show that he was in charge, not the settlers.

In a "mock" execution of John Smith he would show that.

The Indians kidnapped him and set him up to be beheaded:

Tied his hands behind his back and laid his head across a log.

The chief held the axe up to kill him...

though it isn't clear that this is what really happened many believe that

Pocahontas runs out and throws her head over Smith's to save him,

even though Wahunsenacawh had no real intent of killing him.

Pocahontas and John Smith did not have a romantic relationship.

Pocahontas later marries John Rolfe.

Edit: Also, after the mock kill of John Smith, The chief made friendly relations between the tribe and the Jamestown settlers.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Summary Of Pocahontas

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well continuing what the person from above said Pocahontas and John Smith only met twice, both of which she saved his life. Then they never talked to each other again.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

summary of pochontas and john smith.?

Can someone pls tell me a summary of John Smith and Pochontas. And how she recused him and I don't want the disney version of it, but the true story that actually happened. thanks

Source(s): summary pochontas john smith: https://biturl.im/pgA0Q
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Pocahontas was actually a lot younger than John Smith (like 12). It wasn't a big sappy romance story like Disney made it out to be. She did help him and bring peace between her people and his.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.