The Creation of Trolls........?

It seems to me that we create our own trolls, through rejection.

Know of two male gws feminist, who where hurt and now troll gws blasting feminist. IDK if they have changed there real lives but they have definatly changed there tunes online.

Wondering if this is similar to how some trolls are "created", (I'm sure some just come out of left field.) They start out as "normal" users, and after so many accounts getting deleted and so many times they are ticked off or hurt...they get more trollish with each account...until they are full fledged trolls.

So do we create our own trolls?

Princess: used to think that as well...I'm pretty sure that some of them are that. But some of them are not that way, and are only mad at the women here in gws. so it seems to me that we have plagued ourselves.

lol Gazz.....Rome was freaking great......love the Cleo and Broto scene O.O

Fair enough James we have female trolls as well...didnt mean to imply that we dont have them.

Best Answer

In this section there's such a diversity of what's regarded as a 'troll' that it seems that there's no clear-cut explanation for its basis.

First, those who appear to have a recent account are often referred to as trolls (even if they simply are asking a completely innocent, non-loaded question). Then there are those who may simply disagree or express fear in a Q/A which get termed trolls.

Then there's clearly the possibility of some very odd birds who either get their rocks off by asking questions just to infuriate others (and they may just as easily be immature teens males or females who have some twisted interest in perpetuating the notion that there this sort of irrational ideas about men or women are way more prevalent than they truly are). We really have no way to know.

I think the most important thing is to realise that the genuine "troll" is trying to infuriate others by capturing attention (sought attention) and by answering or even paying attention to these questions, the troll's objective is achieved.

Sure, I suppose we do create our own trolls by fueling their fire.

Most sections of Y!A that aren't designed to create so much controversy simply use free market principles to limit the number of trolls which come to visit, i.e. just ignore, don't answer and that's it.

I have been on the scene for a while and cannot think of one male feminist who turned troll. The trolls come on hating women and using feminists as a target for their misogyny. Most of them have not scored with all the women they wanted in their lives, or have to pay child support for the children they have created, and like big babies, they come on this forum to whine and cry, and complain about women. This forum is for real questions, not rants from trolls. The trolls think this forum exists solely as a place for them to find a lot of women to complain to. I wonder if they go to the handicapped section and complain to them that there are too many handicapped parking places. Trolls are losers.

LBDSM

What you just said is poppycock

Tracey and Baba Yapper are trolls and they deliberately annoy people and then when they retaliate they brand the guys as trolls

Some of the worst trolls on GWS are women who pretend to be feminists but just come here to start flame wars. It's perfectly OK for Tracey to attempt to be snide and belittling but as soon as she receives appropriate feedback she starts whining and calling people trolls.

It's self evident she is a troll because she has had about 30 accounts deleted

EDIT: I rest my case: see Tracey's vile response. Also her account is new so yet another of her accounts has been suspended for trolling.

Yeah I think you could be right! sort of in the same way Anakin Skywalker turned to the darkside in Star Wars and then waged war on the Rebel Alliance!

You're a nerd Johno.

But yes, its kinda like when Maximus was betrayed by the emperor and decided to take him on, going against the establishment, only to end up defending and protecting the Roman Empire in the end.

Let me pull up an armchair and psychoanalyze you....nah, I've too much sense for that bullshit. Just remember, your foibles, as well as mine and everyone else who post here frequently, are just as visible as the two 'trolls' you allude too.

Who cares. You people get so agitated over the dumbest crap. THAT"S where trolls come from. They start with you for being so damn sensitive.

WEll it depends on what a troll is to you. Simply spouting profanities, yes there are people who react that way at dissapointment, but many equalize trolling with criticism of feminism. I have yet to see if you are talking about trolling or criticism of feminism.

No. If I plant a flower seed, it will bloom as a flower. They are what they are inside already. And then it is revealed to the rest of us.

Trolls create themselves, they have a few bad experiences with a woman/women in particular then ignorantly assume the rest of the human race is the same. It's prejudism and hate born out of some personal trauma.