For Aflac, are pre-existing conditions waived for employees of small businesses?

My family owns a small business (less then 10 employees). We're interested in getting Aflac. Although I of course would normally just ask this question to Aflac, it's Saturday and they're closed. We have a particular employee that we're concerned about because he has just been diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer.... show more My family owns a small business (less then 10 employees). We're interested in getting Aflac. Although I of course would normally just ask this question to Aflac, it's Saturday and they're closed. We have a particular employee that we're concerned about because he has just been diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I know Aflac has a cancer policy and I know that it has a 30 day waiting period and normally you can't sign up if you have already been diagnosed with cancer. But, I have heard some people tell me that in other health instances, they've had employees sign up for Aflac benefits with preexisting conditions waived because the benefits are new and being offered to all in the company. It's not like someone just contracted an illness and now want the coverage, they weren't given an option before and now they are. Yet, no one I know has experienced this and knows how this would work with a cancer diagnosis... I would assume that they would not cover this person, but he's been on my mind a lot and I'm trying to do what I can do to help... hoping that if we get Aflac coverage for the company this individual can also be extended the cancer policy coverage despite the diagnosis. If anyone has experienced this or is an Aflac agent, I'd appreciate the feedback. Thank you!