Dot
Dot asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do You Believe We Should Choose Where Our Tax Money Goes?

Whether it be health-care, the war, etc., whatever that individual person decides? Why or why not?

Individual choice I mean. Not voting for someone, but the actual persons choice.

Favorite Answer

I wish we could.

In April, the annual report of Planned Parenthood Federation of America revealed that the abortion giant had a total income of $1.02 billion—with reported profits of nearly $115 million. Taxpayers kick in more than $336 million worth of government grants and contracts at both the state and federal levels. That’s a third of Planned Parenthood’s budget.

And what market-distorting results do we get for those government incentives? 289,650 abortions in 2006.

On a technicality we do have a say in it, because we elect people to decide these things for us. Unfortunately, these representatives are paid off to believe in certain things, and vote in certain ways, and to throw their money at certain things.

As far as deciding individually..that would cause an imbalanced budget, most people will choose putting the money towards education, but not a whole lot of people would want their money going toward improving the sewer systems or to increasing representative's pay.

How would you control this. I think it is a good idea in principle but we would have to create another ineffective government bureaucracy in order to keep up with it. Could I vote to spend my own money as I please?