Do you think this AP story title "Whites Lift McCain to Slim Lead Over Obama" attempts to inflame a race issue?

I have my opinion, but I'll hold onto until the jury speaks.

If you want to read the article, its here:

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/campaign_ap_pol...

Thanks

Best Answer

In anything that AP perceives the outcome is negative, it has to highlight that whites are causing the negative and blacks are the victims. Clearly McCain doing well is a negative by AP's standards, so while I dont think they're trying to inflame the race issue, they're just using race to play on white guilt.

No, it's just more spin. It got your attention right?

As for the statistics...you do realize that it is only a percentage of who they asked. It's not indicative of the entire country (no matter what they say).

So when people say 94% of blacks are voting for Obama...that is just 94% of the black people they asked that day. This type of polling doesn't mean anything. Many have lost an election basing their strategies off of this type of information.

• jo

Of course it does. That is the plan, you know. When all else fails play the race card, it is a great distraction. It has been successfully used before. That way people don't focus on the issues that really affect their lives.

The election is already a race issue. When 95% of the black population voted for Obama in the primaries...it became a race issue...

No. It's the truth. What else is the truth is that most of that gain in popluar vote is in states that were safe McCain anyway. He made very little gain in the West, Mid-West and East.

• Fossil

The "whites" being alluded to are the white women migrating to the republican camp in support of Palin. No one has attempted to make this campaign race based but a few bigots and the deranged Obamanators who can't find any easy way to portray their candidate in a good light.

McCain / Palin in '08!

Absolutely. We who are not intending to vote for Obama are "racist". We will automatically be categorized as one of those "not ready to elect an African-American". Hey, I'm a Republican. Deal with it. Doesn't make me racist. Give me Colin Powell or Condeleeza Rice and I'll be the first to vote.

I think it is fine to point out in the article, but I don't think it's important enough that it deserved to be part of the headline.

HELL YES, because it is white people supporting a white candidate.

If a poll was taken of 30,000 black people and they all said they were supporting Nobama JUST BECAUSE he is black IT WOULDN’T EVEN BE AN ISSUE MUCH LESS A HEADLINE.

BO STINKS!

McCAIN/PALIN ’08

What does a title have to do with anything?

Why not the story itself?

What do you think journalism is for moron? Entertainment, like Fixed Noise Network?