Ideas for making homemade pizza rolls?

I remember my mom buying these incredibly unhealthy Tostino's pizza rolls when I was a kid. The other day, I was craving junk food, so I bought some. Not only was I shocked at how unhealthy they were (well.... more amazed than shocked), but I also thought they tasted crappy. Now that I'm an adult with a family,... show more I remember my mom buying these incredibly unhealthy Tostino's pizza rolls when I was a kid. The other day, I was craving junk food, so I bought some. Not only was I shocked at how unhealthy they were (well.... more amazed than shocked), but I also thought they tasted crappy.

Now that I'm an adult with a family, I make healthy, home cooked meals every single day.... I'm getting into a rut where we kind of rotate the same 15 meals. I was thinking about making pizza rolls homemade (not necessarily "healthy", but much healthier and hopefully tastier than the store bought ones!). I'm not really sure what ratio of cheese/sauce/toppings to use, or if I should use a canned, refrigerated crust, or make one from scratch. Also, how would you cook it and make sure it stays together while cooking.
7 answers 7