promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Promotion Time?

I was wondering what the amount of time I would need to advacne to SPC from PFC. Both time in grade and time in service.

Update:

Well here is the thing. I am a Chaplain Assistant and belong to the Chaplain Corps therefore have everyright to use Chaplain Corps as my avatar name.

Update 2:

Im not even going to indulge your ridiculous lack of knowledge about the Chaplain Corps. Why is it that only 2 people answered the question, the others are inviolation of the Community guidelines.

Update 4:

Thank you "gijoesig." for actually answering. And yes there is a Chaplain Corps. Infact we are the 2nd oldest corps there is (beside infantry)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First, learn how to spell advance. 2nd, read the NCO Guide for preparation for the NCO Board. 3rd, if you are a Chaplain's Assistant, they YES, you do belong to the Army'

s Chaplain Corps, if there is one.

Your advancement from PFC to SPC is dependent upon your TIG (Time in Grade) as a PFC, and TIS (Time in Service) in the Army. 24 months TIS and 6 months TIG...of which, both are waiverable.

Google Army Enlisted promotions.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The earliest you can expect a waiver to SPC is with 18 months TIS and 6 months TIG.

They are only supposed to waiver the best PFC's in a unit to SPC early. You have an advantage though being the Chaplain's assistant, you are the only PFC, or soldier for that matter, in your section.

Talk to your boss, from my experience Chaplains are pretty cool about most stuff.

• 1 decade ago

Promotions to SPC may be waived at 18 months TIS and 3 months TIMIG

or

The promotion to SPC requirements are 24 months TIS and 6 months TIMIG.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

nuh uh..only CHAPLAINS belong to the CHAPLAIN corps. it isn't the Chaplains and Assistant's corps, is it? NO.

you are in the ARMY and are ASSIGNED to the Chaplain Corps. Just as HMs are NAVY and assigned to the Marine Corps.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • AJ
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

OMG people...take the sticks out of your butts about his avatar name...who cares?!?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.