Do you think I can teach myself some French?

I took a very basic course of French and I know some phrases, how to greet people, how to introduce myself, a very nouns and verbs, etc. I want to learn more French. I can't keep taking classes because of a few problems I have, but I was hoping to learn some French on my own. I have a copy of "French Made Simple"... show more I took a very basic course of French and I know some phrases, how to greet people, how to introduce myself, a very nouns and verbs, etc. I want to learn more French. I can't keep taking classes because of a few problems I have, but I was hoping to learn some French on my own. I have a copy of "French Made Simple" and I was flipping through some pages and it seems good, but I was wondering if you guys think I can actually learn something in this manner, or if you think it will be useless, since I can't really practice what I've learned or hear how things are pronounced.

Any tips or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Update: I have "French For Dummies" too. =p
Update 2: btw, I speak English and Spanish is my native language.
Update 3: Rosetta Stone costs money, which I don't have... :-(