Ghost asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What are the chances that McCain chose Palin to increase support for Alaskan oil drilling?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

None. Alaskans all ready get annual rebates

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

No, there was a very powerful group of conservatives that had been pushing for her for months. The only reason you never heard of her is because the media didn't want to face that possibility. Besides, McCain is against drilling in Alaska and had to be dragged, kicking and screaming to support off shore drilling.

• Batik
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

First I really do not think that she was McCain's choice that is pretty unclear. He wanted Joe Lieberman, Rove wanted Mitt Romney. Ridge was totally out because he is pro choice.

I think she was chosen because of oil and abortion rights. She certainly was not chosen for her comprehensive or thoughtful ability to govern.

Governor Napolitano has two cities within her state that are as big or bigger than the entire population of Alaska. You would think Palin would have more to say about education than we will start that when we get our oil. What a joke.

Source(s): See Charlie Rose Interview with Governor Napolitano and Sarah Palin.
  • 1 decade ago

5%

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well since he's only lukewarm on drilling Alaska...

• Chelfi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

100%. She never saw a big oil company she didn't like.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

100% thats why he picked her

• 1 decade ago

the chances are great, my friend.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.