Charlie asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Anybody buying "Palin withdraws" on intrade.com?

now that it comes out she's clueless about our rational for invading Iraq? What's the Bush Doctrine? "Oh, it's Bush's world view, don't ya know." This woman wants to be a heartbeat away? Give me a break.

Stupid Should Hurt - sorry to say, you better learn a trade. Anybody who paid any attention during the run up to the Iraq war knows what the Bush Doctrine is.

By the way, Sarah: McCain has stated his support for the Bush Doctrine.

Gautier - she's the One allright - the One Most Unfit VP selection in US history.l

Sorry - I suspect the McCain people have already altered the Wikipedia entry. Here is a better source:

http://www.aei.org/publications/pubID.15845/pub_de...

Best Answer

where are we headed? America is bigger than Alaska. a lot more issues that Biden is ready to handle. i can work and take care of my children, but i can't run the country when mccain gets sick.

I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I am nearing completion of my PhD in Sociology with specialization in Criminology and Political Economy, I follow current events and politics rather closely, and I have never heard of the term "Bush Doctrine" or any specific definition of this elusive concept. I looked it up online and didn't even see any clear and universally accepted definition of it.

Again, Wikipedia is hardly a scholarly source of information, nor is it the end-all for the explanation of any subject. It is a starting point. Even the Wikipedia entry covers more than one interpretation of the supposed "Bush Doctrine" and does not address where this idea originated. It seems to me it is some catchy sounding name fabricated by the media and people like to assume that it actually means something. There is a distinct difference between legitimate information and rhetoric. Just because Wikipedia or Charlie Gibson talk about something it isn't a universally accepted concept.

In fact, the Wikipedia entry acknowledges this:

"These principles are sometimes referred to as the Bush Doctrine although the term is often used to describe other elements of Bush policy and is not universally recognized as the single concept."

If you are unable to understand this, perhaps you are the one who needs to learn a trade.

No but I did buy some Biden withdraws at 7.9.

I am making a bundle on "Warriors not Lawyers" tee shirts.

That interview was hilarious. And when he asked her 3 times about Israel she just kept saying "we cannot second guess them", she had no clue what else to say!

--------------------------------------------

GIBSON: What if Israel decided it felt threatened and needed to take out the Iranian nuclear facilities?

PALIN: Well, first, we are friends with Israel and I don't think that we should second guess the measures that Israel has to take to defend themselves and for their security.

GIBSON: So if we wouldn't second guess it and they decided they needed to do it because Iran was an existential threat, we would cooperative or agree with that.

PALIN: I don't think we can second guess what Israel has to do to secure its nation.

GIBSON: So if it felt necessary, if it felt the need to defend itself by taking out Iranian nuclear facilities, that would be all right.

PALIN: We cannot second guess the steps that Israel has to take to defend itself.

Charlie! we cannot second guess them! LMAO

Too late. She is just "The Real One" and Americans already know it.

I'd buy up as much "Obama/Biden going under" stock as I could if I were you

You can buy "Palin Withdraws" pretty cheap. "Biden Withdraws" is going up fast though.

My wife and I were laughing out loud.

How much do I get when she becomes your VP?

we won't be fooled again