Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

I was a child of the 90's! Were you? Do you think the 90's was the best decade to grow up in?

I loved the 90's! Ok, I was born in 88, but I was still a "child of the 90's"! I just think the 90's were cool because it was the end of a millenium and the big finalé of the 20th Century of discovery; invention and modern life as we know it! It was the beginning of computers/Microsoft/Internet, the sort of technology we take for granted today & most of all, it was historical: the end of a millenium of evolution and discovery (electricity; technology; cars; planes; etc.) & the start of a new era and millenium - the 21st Century! Here are the top 5 reasons I'm proud to be a child of the 90's: (anyone agree?)

1) INTERNET! YAY!!! Internet was invented in 1991 & thanks to Bill Gates/Microsoft & the likes, we're online right now & will be for yrs to come! Lapotp's and Computers were officially developing in the 90's!

2) Film: Jumanji; Schindler's List; American Beauty (1999); Titanic; Edward Scissorhands; Saving Private Ryan; Ghost; My Left Foot; Pretty Woman; A Few Good Men; Forrest Gump; The Silence Of The Lambs; Basic Instinct; Groundhog Day; The English Patient; Natural Born Killers; Mrs. Doubtfire; Four Weddings and a Funeral; The Fugitive; Pulp Fiction; True Lies; Speed; Independence Day; Liar Liar; The Shawshank Redemption; Leaving Las Vegas; Interview With The Vampire; Braveheart; Tomorrow Never Dies; Mission Impossible; Golden Eye; Trainspotting; Twister; The First Wives Club; A Time To Kill; As Good As It Gets; Hook; Misery; Deep Blue Sea; Men In Black; The Lost World; There's Something About Mary; Scream; LA Confidential; Ace Ventura; Batman; Elizabath; Armageddon; The Matrix; Shakespeare In Love; Run Lola Run; The Phantom Menace; The Lion King; Eyes Wide Shut; The Sixth Sense; Sleepy Hollow; The Blair Witch Project; The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring; The Mummy & the dawn of CGI & animatronic films such as Babe; Antz; A Bugs Life & of course, Toy Story! The 90's was the birth of Special Effects as we know them today & stars such as Julia Roberts; Johnny Depp; Leonardo DiCaprio; Reese Witherspoon; Tim Burton; Kate Beckinsale; Cate Blanchett; Catherine Zeta Jones; Pierce Brosnan; Ben Stiller; Jim Carrey; Owen Wilson; Kristin Scott Thomas; Helen Hunt; Hugh Grant; Ewen McGregor; Nicole Kidman; Halle Berry; Neil Jordan; Danny Boyle; Adam Ball; Kate Winslett; Uma Thurman & Will Smith all kick-started their careers in the 90's - what a decade for Film!!!

3) Music: Tina; Jacko; Céline; Whitney; Bon Jovi; Madonna; U2; Shaniah; Garth; The Stones; Nirvana; Janet; Boys II Men; Annie Lennox; Sting; Pavarotti; Chér; Bryan Adams; Aerosmith; The Prodigy & Prince were all alive & kickin' during the 90's, with Kylie; The Spice Girls; Bjork; Justin; Mariah; Alicia; Beyoncé; Westlife; Boyzone; Robbie WIlliams; Take That; Oasis & Alanis Morissette all kicking off their careers! Songs such as Chér's "Believe"; "My Heart Will Go On" (Céline Dion/Titanic); Madonna's "Vogue"; "Live & Let Die (Guns N' Roses); "I Will Always Love You" (Whitney Houston); Elton John's "Candle In The Wind"; "That's The Way Love Goes" (Janet Jackson); "Hero" & "One Sweet Day" (Mariah Carey); Aerosmith's "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing"; "Simply The Best" (Tina Turner) & Michael Jackson's "Black Or White" were all anthems of the 90's too!

4) T.V.: FRIENDS!!!; Seinfeld; The Simpsons; Ricki Lake; Have I GOt News For You; Suddenly Susan; The Big Breakfast; E.R. & Baywatch were all born in the 90's!

5) Historical People & Events: Sydney Olympics (lead-up to it); Harry Potter; Dolly The Sheep; Riverdance; Bill & Hill; Nelson Mandella's Release; Daeth of Freddie Mercury & Kurt Cobain (R.I.P.); Birth of the DVD; Mobile/Cell Phones; Apollo Space Missions; Death of Princess Diana (R.I.P.); Collapse of the Berlin Wall; Venus & Serena; Pete Samprass; David Beckham; Tim Henman; Birth of "The Sims"; Opening of Disneyland Paris; Michael Jordan; Mount St. Helens; Tiger Woods; Cindy Crawford; Hubble Space Telescope; Reality T.V.; Opening of Channel Tunnel; The Euro; New Year's Eve 1999 & the most brazen, amazing, thrilling, stupendous & hillarious thing of the 1990's:....................................

(Drum Roll)......................................

Monica Lewinsky!!!

(I mean, come on - was that huge or WHAT?!?)

So, who agree's the 90's KICKED ***???

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm a child of the 90's too! I think the 90's were pretty awesome!

Source(s): P.S. The Apollo Space Missions did not take place in the 90's, they took place in the 60's and 70's.
  • 1 decade ago

I´m a child of the 90's...

Though, here in Argentina another things also happen not so good... however I like them very much too!!!

And I like the most of your likes.

but you miss a film:

"Practical Magic" ; )

Source(s):
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.