Bush oks raids into Pakistan?

I read today that Bush OKs raids into Pakistan. Sounds to me like Cambodia and Laos, with Nixon, were the those actions created civil wars in both countries.

Do you think this could destabilized the situation in that area even worse?

Update:

MADDOG,

Perhaps you forgot about the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia....remember the Killing Fields? And the Pathet Lao in Laos.

Maybe it's you who should do some reading and not try to revise history to your terms.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I don't think Pakistan's destabilization can get much worse, as it stands right now, so no.

• 1 decade ago

We don't know enough to say. Did the Pakies consent? It will likely add to the destabilization of the untamed tribal areas, but then again, how much more unstable could they be?

Explain how you make the leap from Nixon bombing the NVA infiltration routes in Laos and Cambodia, and the subsequent civil wars. Post hoc ergo propter hoc does not make for a strong logical argument.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. First off--you are wrong in your assertion that "Nixon raids into Laos and Cambodia" created civil wars.

It is sad that either are education system fails us so miserably or that the revisionist people have no concern for facts.

• Almost every person you ask agrees that Osama Bin Laden has been in Pakistan. The Pakistanis have hardly done anything to bring anyone from the Taliban to justice. They've had their chance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

While I prefer the GOP ticket, you have to give it to Senator Obama, GWB just keeps copying the Senator's policies - unilateral airstrikes in Pakistan and timetables for withdrawal from Iraq.

• 3 years ago

nicely i could say that's a start to the genuine conflict on terror. the recent president is a real backer of the USA as his spouse replaced into killed by way of terrorist and he has already stated he backs protection rigidity operations with the pakistani military. LOL Obama Bin weighted down

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would check what the members of Congress think. I believe that you will find that the majority of Democrat politicians approved of the raids too.

• 1 decade ago

It's already destabilized by the radical Muslims.

More dead bad guys = good thing.

Don't buy the spin the media is putting on this...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Honestly, no. We need to hunt them down to the ends of the earth and eliminate the threats posed by Islam.

• 1 decade ago

we already conducted military ops into Pakistan like 5 days ago. Yes, it could turn bad, but it could turn bad the world over in a short time.

If American foreign policy consists of whipping our d***s out and slapping whoever we want with our american *****, then we're going to continue to have a lot of countries that want to kick the *stuffing* out of us.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.