Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

Where can I find United Airlines codeshare partners?

I'm trying to find the page where the codeshare partners are listed. Or, how do I find if they have a baggage agreement?

I'm going to the seattle airport. (I've been there before). I'll only have like an hour before boarding assuming my plane makes it on time. My concern is, if I have to transfer bags I think that's going to cut a bit close. Though it is at night (around 830PST so probably won't be too crowded).

Anyways, I will be changing from United Airlines to Horizon Airlines in Seattle on my way to Canada.

According to the map it looks like I will probably be landing at the North Satellite and I'll probably land in the North, So I will likely have to take transit as well.

Can I check my bags in where I board? Or do I need to go to the main Horizon Airline checkin desk if they don't have baggage agreements? =/

I called and turns out they do have a baggade agreement with them. Thank God.

LOL

But I would still be interested in where it's listed online!

I looked at United.com, I couldn't find it. Thanks though.

Favorite Answer

You can find United's Star Alliance partners listed here:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1177,00....

As long as the flights were booked together in the same ticket, even if you're switching to a non-partner airline, you can almost always check your luggage through to your final destination (excluding having to re-check it after clearing customs in some places). As long as the check-in agent can confirm from your booking details where you're headed and what flights you're on, they can print the tag to have it transferred between flights all the way. Of course, when you check in, be sure to confirm that they're being checked all the way through.

However, in some cases, the agents at your departure airport may not be able to issue your boarding passes for the next flights. Even if it's a partner airline, this is sometimes limited by location. In that case, you can usually go straight to the gate for your next flight and ask them to issue your boarding pass. Unfortunately, if you have to pass through security on your way to the next flight, you'll have to go back out to the check-in counters to have your boarding pass issued, which can be a nuisance (but that's only happened to me once).

Source(s): Flying often on different airlines, sometimes with partner and/or codeshare flights, sometimes not.

United Codeshare Partners

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I'm going to the seattle airport. (I've been there before). I'll only have like an hour before boarding assuming my plane makes it on time. My concern is, if I have to...

Source(s): find united airlines codeshare partners: https://tr.im/V3pb4

Your bags should make it to Horizon no problem. Go ahead and check your bags where you board. It should check straight to your final destination. Just as you mentioned, I would expect United to have some agreement with Horizon since Alaska, Horizon and United operate the most number of flights out of SEA-TAC. I am sure lots of passengers connect from one of the three airlines onto another.

As for codesharing, United and Horizon do not codeshare on routes. If you want to see what partners United has, go to http://www.united.com/ or http://www.staralliance.com./

• ?

find united airlines codeshare partners

united

• ?

United.com or the Star Alliance Network they belong to.

• ?

Really not sure about this one