How do i access my remote desktop?

I have set up remote desktop on my computer but i can't seem to find it from another computer. Do i need to invite the remote computer? If so what's the point if i can' access it from any computer?
Update: Thank you gentleman
Update 2: I'm running a wireless desktop connection it goes to the router and then modem hope this is what you wanted to know
Update 3: I'don't have a network running so i am trying to access it from out side of a network (man i must sound dumb). I want to be able to access my computer from any in the world. I have set it up as the host but this is my 1st attempt at accessing it from the remote computer. I put the computer name in but it... show more I'don't have a network running so i am trying to access it from out side of a network (man i must sound dumb). I want to be able to access my computer from any in the world. I have set it up as the host but this is my 1st attempt at accessing it from the remote computer. I put the computer name in but it can't seem to find it so i think i haven't turned on the host computer's take in data (layman's term). Thanks again for your answers!