physics help currents?

a current of 0.1 amp is measured to flow through one of three identical light bulbs connected in series to a battery. what is the current through the 2 other bulbs? i was kinda thinking that it would be the same was the first light bulb..but that seems too easy.

my last question is

when a 6 volt battery is connected to a particular type of electric heater element, a current of .5 amp flows. how much current must the battery deliver to a parallel combination of two identical heaters?

i thought i knew this one (started doing 1/Req=1/r1+1/r2 etc) but i realized i was solving for the equivalent resistance not the current.

ahh im so confused. please help. thanks a lot.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. rite...in seerees, gotta hav same kurrent in all

2. 1 amp...2 identikal in parallel...add kurrent thru eech 1

• 1 decade ago

Question 1: The current in all of the bulbs are all the same since they are in a series connection. Series connection have the same current. Also, parallel connections have the same voltages.

Question 2: The 6V battery is in series connection with the . 5amp heater which is calculated having 12 Ohms resistance.

In a situation where there are 2 heaters, the calculated resistance will have a value of 6 Ohms. R = 1/ (1/r1 + 1/r2)

The voltage is 6 volts and the resistance of the 2 heater is 6ohms. So the current using V=IR will have 1 ampere.

Source(s): Taking up electrical engineering subjects
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.