Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is heaven a boring place?

Okay, since the prerequisites of entering heaven are to repent for your sins (or better yet, don't sin at all) then I assume I'll still not be allowed to sin when I'm in heaven.

So, under all the things covered by the 10 commandments (plus a few variations added on by the modern world), in heaven I would not be able to do any of the things covered that I might consider fun, such as:

pre-marital sex, abortions (for convenience), gambling, alcohol, drugs (not that I actually want to do drugs but I would like to have the option) and etc. the list goes on.

Sounds pretty boring to me.

And I know the classic argument.

"Wouldn't you rather go to heaven then endure pain forever in hell?"

Perhaps I would, unfortunately I cannot trust the source of that argument.

Word of god or not, the bible was written by MEN.

Then it was translated from ANOTHER LANGUAGE.

Then it was REWRITTEN.

Word of God or not, it seems these men were desperate to get just two points across: Heaven is good, and Hell is bad.

The bible doesn't actually tell you much about these two places except for those two points.

Therefore, I cannot be sure. How do I know hell isn't bad and heaven isn't good?

So, assuming that my first point is true, and the argument has credibility issues, I ask: is (the chance of) heaven worth it?

Please note: I classified abortion under "convenience" not fun.

I'm sure many women would agree with me. I've seen them at abortion rallies.

Favorite Answer

Absolutely, the Muslims get 72 virgins and the Christians get a Harp.

ok.. before my answer.

see, Great holy books like Bible, Querran, Bhagavath Geetha are written by men. The Men wrote those scriptures are great scholers.

Scriptures are indispensable to all religions. They save religions from mutation and from extinction. The faith which has no gospel for its guidance gets lost in a series of transformations. Finally, it disintegrates and loses its individuality. But, a faith that draws sanction and inspiration from a sacred book is able to hold its own. accordinly, the Bible that the Bible is the scripture of the christians is well known even to those beyound the pale of the christendom. i explain you more. A visitor to a palace can see only some portions of it. But, the prince apparent can have free access to all parts of the palace. similarly, we afterall humans having a handful of knowledge and doing things, but we forget that there is mountain level knowledge yet to learn. you say about some matters of gambling, alcohol, abortion etc., we are humans and we act without applying our mind and to see the pros and cons. ok..that is not the matter now. you say about heaven and hell. i explain you.

my answer... to your question that heaven is a boaring place. Our elders are very clever. To make proper guidance, they created the hell and heaven. it is nothing. Actually, there is hell or heaven. Those who do good things, and earning a good name from the people dies, what we say ? A good man, why God not allowed him to be alive for some more years etc., and the good man will be always with the people's mind and heart. This is called heaven. Take another angle.. a man always doing atrocities, cruel things, giving trouble to people and if he dies. what will be the reaction of the people...oh God, why you allowed him alive in this world ? this is hell. He will not be in the heart and mind of the people.

According to the religion, the heaven is a place of joy, happiness and hell is a place where one will be punished with all kind of tortures. why this is created by the elders? To set right the people to a good path and not to be cruel. if we say ''please don't do'' , no one hear us, but if we say ''don't do it, it is against the will of God and God will punish'', then he will hear. so, it is a kind of threatening nature for good. Don't worry, there is no such heaven and no boaring there.

ok.. before my answer. see, Great holy books like Bible, Querran, Bhagavath Geetha are written by men. The Men wrote those scriptures are great scholers. Scriptures are indispensable to all religions. They save religions from mutation and from extinction. The faith which has no gospel for its guidance gets lost in a series of transformations. Finally, it disintegrates and loses its individuality. But, a faith that draws sanction and inspiration from a sacred book is able to hold its own. accordinly, the Bible that the Bible is the scripture of the christians is well known even to those beyound the pale of the christendom. i explain you more. A visitor to a palace can see only some portions of it. But, the prince apparent can have free access to all parts of the palace. similarly, we afterall humans having a handful of knowledge and doing things, but we forget that there is mountain level knowledge yet to learn. you say about some matters of gambling, alcohol, abortion etc., we are humans and we act without applying our mind and to see the pros and cons. ok..that is not the matter now. you say about heaven and hell. i explain you. my answer... to your question that heaven is a boaring place. Our elders are very clever. To make proper guidance, they created the hell and heaven. it is nothing. Actually, there is hell or heaven. Those who do good things, and earning a good name from the people dies, what we say ? A good man, why God not allowed him to be alive for some more years etc., and the good man will be always with the people's mind and heart. This is called heaven. Take another angle.. a man always doing atrocities, cruel things, giving trouble to people and if he dies. what will be the reaction of the people...oh God, why you allowed him alive in this world ? this is hell. He will not be in the heart and mind of the people. According to the religion, the heaven is a place of joy, happiness and hell is a place where one will be punished with all kind of tortures. why this is created by the elders? To set right the people to a good path and not to be cruel. if we say ''please don't do'' , no one hear us, but if we say ''don't do it, it is against the will of God and God will punish'', then he will hear. so, it is a kind of threatening nature for good. Don't worry, there is no such heaven and no boaring there.

Yes men did write the scripture, but under the anointing and direction of God. One consistent theme through the whole text, by many different authors is the explanation what sin is, what actions are deemed as sins and therefore not acceptable by God.

The bible even tells us that sins are sometimes enjoyable. However in the long term they come back to bite us in places that are not fun, or enjoyable in any way. The bible is consistent in its warnings that if we continue in living a sinful lifestyle away from God then there will be painful repercussions. Such like can destroy our faith and family life in the same way a cancer or heart condition does to some.

If you believe the bible to be true and accurately translated and incidentally I do believe that. Then the scriptures become the yard stick and measuring rod against which all believers compare their lifestyles to. If there are any discrepancies, well these show us where we need to change. The way you have written your question is like you are flirting with the idea of sinning either occasionally or regularly.

To do this is to provoke God and I would strongly encourage you to rethink before you commit to any actions that you may regret later. Two other common themes throughout scriptures is to trust in the Lord your God with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5,6. The other common theme is Faith and without it, it is impossible to please God.Hebrews 11:6.

I can tell you that if I didn't believe and have faith in the bible, I would just go back to being a sinner. It is much easier and takes no commitment. Some times I slip up and still sin one way or another and then, I have to go through the whole process of repenting and asking forgiveness and that in it self can be humiliating and make me feel terrible. But I would sooner endure that process a thousand times than burn in hell forever. Some would be quick to jump in and call me a hypocrite etc. I know that I am not perfect and at times weak and vulnerable to slip. But I regain my strength and rebuild by continually coming back to God in repentance and asking for forgiveness.

God knows our weaknesses and He is not waiting to pounce on us. He knows we will slip up every so often. What He is concerned about is when we stop repenting and just walk off back into a total lifestyle away from Him. The bible is also quite clear about our salvation, it was won for us on the cross and by the spilt blood Jesus shed whilst being crucified. When He was resurrected from the grave Jesus proved once and for all that through accepting Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, we have assurance of our salvation and are going to Heaven.

However we do all have a choice, because God gave us all a free will. I can not force you to do as God wants us all to do, any more than God would force us. I do know that when I live according to His scriptures, my life stabilises and starts to get better. When I walk far away from Him and invariably fall back into a sinful life pattern, then the destructive nature of such a life without Jesus, causes me to stumble and fall even further. I hope I have presented enough things for you to reconsider you thoughts and regroup your faith. God never stops loving us and making Himself available to heal and to restore.

Source(s): Scripture quoted from the bible. Coincidentally my source of abundant life is also from the bible.

Hi there,

First of all, heaven is an amazing place to ever be able to get to. I know I have no proof but just go to www.youtube.com and type in :

Heaven Is So Real

Watch the video, it's about a woman that was taken to heaven by God 17 times, & taken to hell by God for 2 or 6 hours or something like that. It will really help you with what you want to know.

& secondly . . . good question !! =]

Hopefully I was somewhat helpful.

Source(s): The brain that God gave me =]

Let us make it very simple. No one knows what kind of a place heaven will be, since he has not revealed it to anyone. He has kept it a secret the way he keeps himself a secret. What we need to think here is only this: The life on earth is too short. Once we lose it, no one can give it back to us. Science or any kind of technology can not give us back our life. Even if we develop a technology to avoid death, it will be highly harmful to humans, since if people do not die, the world will be filled with humans and there will not be enough food, water and shelter. We can't even think of it. In that sense, death is a blessing. We have to be happy when a person dies. Now, death is inevitable and we must die. We know that death causes when we lose our life. We do not know where exactly is life placed in our body. But we are sure, we have it. We are sure, because we are alive. We will be dead if we don't have life. If we lose something from our body while dying, it means it will have to have a dwelling place. What if it goes to God? We can not avoid death and we are sure that we will die; and if our spirit goes directly to God, can we stand there in confidence? How shall we face him if we never gave any attention to his will while living on earth?

So, it is better to think about the meaninglessness of this life. This life does not give us anything to take with us when we die. What we can take with us is only our clean identity which will enable us to face God with no fear. If God surely punishes for our sins, is it not better to live a clean life and receive death with no fear? We have to fear only him who can do anything with us; here and hereafter.

You are up in heaven for an infinite amount of time. To put it in perspective on how boring it is, if you had infinite amount of time, then you could count all the atoms in the observable universe an infinite number of times. If there is a finite amount of things to do in heaven, then it's inevitable that you would get bored. But in heaven maybe boredom doesn't exist. Who knows it's a fictitious place.

• TTAGGG

No, you don't know, but it would be too late by the time you get there. In East Asian, hell is translated as the prison below ground and it means to be eternal. So, unless you like the environment in jail or if you have been in a British jail, otherwise, I can guarantee that you won't like it!

in the bible it says.. heaven is perfect.

therefore you would asume there would be no sin not matter how much you wanted to do so.

i can assure you even IF heaven was boring... it would be a heck of alot better than hell...

the bible it basicly says "those in hell will grit there teeth in agonising pain for ETERNITY, and be tormented by darkness"

i dont know if you've noticed.. but..eternity.. is an extremly loooooonnggg time!... lmao like NEVER ENDING!

and seeming when you die your body is left to disintegrate on earth, it will only be your soul going to heaven/hell.. therefore you dont have a penis or whatever to even have pre-marital sex, you dont have a nose to snort drugs and you dont have a throat to get drunk.

and yess... heaven will be worth it.. trust me...

it will.

but you have to ask god into your heart to get there,, no matter how nice a person you are... if you aint asked him into your heart,, your going to hell buddie.

`xo

Well, it's difficult to fathom what heaven would be like because the only concept we have of existing is our lives here on Earth.

I've heard heaven compared to having your best orgasm, multiplying it by a fajillion, and then having it last for eternity.

Which I think most people would like.