Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 1 decade ago

How do i get my ipod out of disc mode??10 points?

every time i want to sink my ipod it says dics cannot be found please insert disc how do i get it to work normally again!! thanks

Update:

i have a ipos nano new one

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

not being able to sync it is making you want to sink it... i get it!

seriously though... No matter which iPod model you're using, if you're having unknown problems the 5 steps we outline will often return your iPod to working condition.

The Five R's. as Apple refers to them are: Reset, Retry, Restart, Reinstall and Restore. These steps will often whip your iPod back into shape.

We'll start with iPod Reset - the simplest and then go through the other steps if needed.

Note: When you reset iPod all your music and files are saved, but some customized settings may be lost. Date and time is preserved (unless the iPod reset itself because it had no power and then was reconnected to power). Other customized settings, such as Bookmarks, On-The-Go Playlists, Shuffle, Backlight timer, and so forth are preserved from the last time the hard drive turned on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to reset an iPod Nano.

Make sure your iPod is fully charged.

Move the Hold switch to the on and off positions. (Slide it to Hold, then slide it back, do that a couple of times to make sure)

Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step a few times.

Tip: Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center. If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface - this will make it easier to touch the correct part of Menu and Select.

If the above steps did not appear to work, connect your iPod to the charger and plug the charger into a wall outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. If you plug it into your computer make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep. Won't Reset

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to reset an iPod Shuffle 1st generation

Here is Apple's reset utility for iPod Shuffle 1st generation

Eject your iPod Shuffle from iTunes or your desktop, if connected. Tip: For Windows users only

In the Notifications area of the Taskbar, left-click the Safely Remove Hardware icon.

Note: If you don't see the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the Taskbar, you can remove iPod shuffle (Second Generation) from the dock.

Choose Safely remove USB Mass Storage Device from the shortcut menu. If you have other USB drives attached, you may need to repeat this if you're not sure which drive letter corresponds to your iPod.

Remove iPod shuffle from the USB port.

Move the switch on the back of iPod Shuffle to the off position. Tip: When iPod shuffle is off, the green stripe by the switch is not visible.

Wait 5 seconds.

Move the switch on the back to the play. The green stripe will be visible.

Your iPod shuffle is now reset. If after resetting iPod shuffle you are going to attach it to your computer, be sure to place the switch in the off position. If you were resetting as part of some troubleshooting steps, continue with those steps now. For general troubleshooting steps see the iPod shuffle troubleshooting and service FAQ. Won't Reset

How to reset an iPod Shuffle 2nd generation or try Apple's reset utility for Shuffle 2G

Eject your iPod Shuffle from iTunes or your desktop, if connected. Tip: For Windows users only

In the Notifications area of the Taskbar, left-click the Safely Remove Hardware icon.

Note: If you don't see the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the Taskbar, you can remove iPod shuffle (Second Generation) from the dock.

Choose Safely remove USB Mass Storage Device from the shortcut menu. If you have other USB drives attached, you may need to repeat this if you're not sure which drive letter corresponds to your iPod.

Remove iPod shuffle from the dock.

Move the power switch on the bottom to the off position.

Wait 5 seconds.

Move the power switch on the back to on. The green stripe will be visible.

Your iPod shuffle is now reset. If after resetting iPod shuffle you are going to attach it to your computer, be sure to place the switch in the off position. If you were resetting as part of some troubleshooting steps, continue with those steps now. For general troubleshooting steps see the iPod shuffle troubleshooting and service FAQ. Won't Reset

How to reset an iPod Video 5th generation.

Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select butt

• dawe
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Ipod Shuffle Troubleshooting

• 1 decade ago

Well, if your ipod is in disc mode, you'll have to switch hold on then off, then hold down the middle and menu buttons until the ipod appears blank, then restarts. It should no longer be in disk mode, however, if the problem persists, bring it to best buy or somewhere like that

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do i get my ipod out of disc mode??10 points?

every time i want to sink my ipod it says dics cannot be found please insert disc how do i get it to work normally again!! thanks

Source(s): ipod disc mode 10 points: https://biturl.im/VpQRH
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

lol i have nano to well just go to i tunes and go to settins and click exot disc mode

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to the apple support page..

• 1 decade ago

are u using itunes?

dont sinc it, just do it manually.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.