Janet ♥(YFFL) asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Baseball Fans : Were you raised in to your Favorite Baseball Team?

or you got to choose what team you root

If you know me , you know my Story i choose the Yankees and i will always be a Fan :]

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I was raised into the Boston Red Sox. The only true fans, who really feel it in their souls, were raised into it, either by family or at least by their peers in their immediate community. You can be a true baseball fan without being a true team fan, but you can't be a true team fan if you weren't raised into it. I hate to sound elitist, but I'm afraid that's just the way it is. You people who picked your own teams might think you care about your team as much as raised into it fans do, but you don't. You're just missing an important psychological component of the true team fan experience. There are entire nuances and depths of the experience that you only palely approximate.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

My parents aren't really baseball fans, just soccer fans..... so I had to choose between the Giants and the A's cuz I wanted to root for a hometown team and I chose the A's!

That doesn't mean that I don't root 4 the Giants once in a while cuz they are a good team

go A's!

• Lefty
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

My dad was a Brooklyn Dodger's fan....When they moved to L.A in 1958 NY didn't have a national league team until 1962 when the Mets joined the leagur. My dad became a Mets fan and passed it along to me. Now he lives in Florida and is an avid Marlin fan. I am still a Mets fan...lol

• 1 decade ago

Quite the opposite. My father was a big Yankee fan and tried to get me to follow in his footsteps. I started out as one, but went over the wall when I was nine. I landed in Red Sox Nation. My father never did forgive me, but he respected that I hung with that through all the low times. The many, many low times.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John H
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

My father was a Brooklyn Dodger fan growing up and he constantly talked about them when I was little which made me follow the Los Angeles Dodgers when I grew up.

I must admit I also follow the Yankees thanks to living on the East Coast and having the YES Network.

• 1 decade ago

I was born not to far from Atlanta, and if you wanted to watch TV during baseball season it was either the Braves or no ball at all. Despite all that for some reason to this day i am still a Braves man.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Raised into it..Grandpa was a proud Minnesotan and was a huge Twins fan...Im just hoping being a fan of Minnesota sports I can actually watch them fricken win something

• 1 decade ago

I have to thank my nephew. He brought me in to baseball. He was a Mets fan. I didn't care about the Mets or baseball. Then I started watching their games and since then, I bleed blue and orange.

• 1 decade ago

In my house, you really have no choice. We breed Yankee fans lol. Half of my 1-year old cousin's wardrobe is already Yankee related.

So I was definitely raised to be a Yankee fan.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I was born and raised a BOSTON RED SOX FAN, and I'm proud. my family liked em and u pretty much have to but im a tru sox fan. I've been with them always and gone to many games (being just outside of boston)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.